Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What happened to summer?

OK so I know it has been too long since I posted because I am starting to get mean messages and texts! Love all yall too!! ;) But seriously it has been too long and we have done a lot so I will catch you up quickly. We didn't do anything for the 4th. We had a couple of invites to do things but we decided we were just enjoying being at the house together so we stayed here and were asleep by 10!! Actually it was more like 9 but I didn't want to sound like a total fuddy dud!! The next week Brian and I celebrated our 5th anniversary! I sure doesn't feel like we have been married that long but I guess that's a good thing! After that Boone and I went to Odessa for Laney's 3rd birthday! She had an awesome bowling party --we had a blast. Boone had a really great time running ALL OVER the bowling alley. Every time I would walk by someone they would just give me that look like you poor girl or say something like, "WOW, he's got a lot of energy!" Oh yes I know!! Thank goodness his Aunt Leslie was there to help me wrangle him. Laney's cousin Madison was also there and she was great with Boone. He loved her too! We had a great time bowling and celebrating with Laney. I can't believe she is 3 already. It feels like just yesterday when I was holding her the day she was born. This tiny little baby has grown up into this beautiful, smart and funny 3 year old. I absolutely love being around her and hearing her views on life. There is nothing sweeter than pure innocence. Happy 3rd Birthday Miss Laney Cole, you are our favorite niece :) and we love you so much!! One of the best things about the whole trip was that Boone got to meet his Great Grandmother Goggy. She lives in El Paso and hadn't had a chance to see Boone in person yet. I was feeling so guilty because of this and was seriously planning on how we could get him out to see her when my aunt said that she would drive from Ft. Worth to El Paso on Friday then drive Goggy in for the party Sat. morning then take her back after the party was over and turn around and drive back to Ft. Worth on Sun.!!! We all thought she was crazy (just kidding B) but I can't even begin to tell you how grateful I am for her doing this. Goggy got to see all 3 of her great grand babies running around and acting like crazy people and she loved it. She kept saying how great it was to now see the personalities they each have and so now when we tell her stories she can absolutely picture each one of them. I can't even begin to tell you how much this meant to me. My family has always kidded me about how much me and Goggy are alike and I can't imagine a better person to be like. I'm just thrilled that Boone got to meet her and see one of the most influential people in my life. Thanks again B, I could never thank you enough for what you did! We hung around in Odessa until the next Wednesday then my mom, Boone and I drove back to San Antonio and P.A. met us here later that day. They came in to keep Boone for us so Brian and I could have a weekend off to ourselves. It was wonderful!! We just kept it simple and went to New Braunfels for the weekend. We went and ate in Gruene then listened to some great live music. I need to find these guys on Itunes because they really were great (or like my Dad said, maybe it was just the beer talking!) Then on Saturday we went and floated the river with Chad and Steph. We had a blast except for when I was attacked by thousands of spiders! But I don't want to re live that moment (it wasn't THAT bad but it was extremely creepy!!) Anyway we have been so busy this summer. Brian has been working his tail off and is loving his new job. Boone and I have had a great time just being together and getting to be lazy on some days and out exploring on the others. He is such an awesome kid and I am so sad to be heading back to school soon because I know these moments I have with him are coming to an end but I just have to remember that there will be more summers and cuter moments ahead. But hands down, this has been the best summer of my life!!
So just to let you know I only have half of the pics. up. I got a new camera (with all of the birthday money I got so thanks everyone for that) and it is awesome!! I have some great pics. but they are on the other computer so when I get a chance I'll put those on here too. It will be soon so check back in for those! Love you all!!





This is from when we were at the ranch


Boone has no idea there is a 100 lb. dog running at him!! :)

What's up Mama?

This is how he liked to ride on our way to Odessa.....so silly!

Cowboy Jake

Cowgirl Laney

(it is her hat she got for her b-day but she was nice enough to share with the boys)

Cowboy Boone

Future classical musicians?????

Laney and her awesome birthday bowling shirt!

Jake checking out his throw

Now it's Boone's turn!


Goggy and the birthday girl

Aunt Leslie and Boone (he's not enjoying this at all!!) ;)

WOAH!!!!!

I love this picture!!

This one too (Boone's saying hmmmmm.....where am I going to run next?)

Here we go again!

Laney and Jake got the good seats!

YUMMMMM

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I don't know what this thing does, so I'll just try to eat it!!

Oh GiGi caught me! Getting some sugar!!!

Boone and Madison (she is so awesome!)

B and Goggy even brought me presents!! YES!!

Boone and Grammy

Goggy is such a good reader!

What a good looking group! :)

Pa Paw can read pretty good too!

I tried on some of Grammy's makeup!

Don't bother me now

This one is from our weekend when we were out in Gruene! I love my husband!!





Ok so like I said we didn't do anything for the 4th, but that doesn't mean we didn't have some excitement of our own!! Boone showed us his new trick, check it out!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

No wonder you were trying to climb on the back of the couch when PaPaw and I were keeping you!!!! Yikes! Cute pics. and PaPaw and I had so much fun keeping you without the Parents! Love you and miss you--Grammy

Nancy(GiGi) said...

We loved seeing you and Boone, and missed Brian. Wasn't the party fun? Boone had a pretty good time I believe! He is adorable, and he's growing into quite the little personality! Thanks for always sharing your stories, and great pictures. You are a wonderful momma, and daughter! Love you all! GiGi, and Grand daddy

benay said...

Thanks for the update Jess! Bridget told me about the couch trick and now I know what she is talking about.Glad you two got a weekend away.You both definitely deserved it
Love
B