Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break

Well Spring Break has come and gone but we had a really great time!! We got to go to the ranch, play with some of Boone's friends, cook out with some of ours and still had a whole lot of time to just lay around and relax. It was WONDERFUL!! Brian even kept Boone at the ranch an extra day with him so I could have a day to myself. I can't even begin to tell you how bad I needed that. I don't think I even realized how much I needed some time off until I actually had it. I'm pretty sure (I could be wrong) that it was Brian's first night EVER to have Boone by himself. Now let me say that Chad, Jeff and Justin were all there and they are all super with Boone but usually Brian has had Grandma Lou or Mois or Adele to help him out so this was the first real time he had Boone for a whole night and he did AWESOME!! He even said that he was glad I left Boone with him because he had a really good time. So sweet!! :) I have to say Boone is just a ton of fun right now and is a little talking machine! I swear the kid never stops talking--one of my friends said "hmmm I wonder where he gets that"----I'm assuming she meant that he gets that from Brian---ha ha!!! :) He's saying new words all the time but our new favorite is please. It is the sweetest thing ever---he doesn't quite use it the right way but like Brian said we just need to be happy that he's saying it. :) I'll try to get it on video--it'll just melt your heart! Some other things he is saying: dog, juice, cow (and then he moos-ha ha) mama, dada, Mois (he does say this really good now--sorry to all the grandmas--great grandma beat you to it!) and then he also says that all the time when he's pointing at things. Is he saying that? We don't know but it sure sounds like it. Oh and he does say I love you--sometimes. Then other than that it's babble babble, yadda yadda, jibber jabber all the time! He always has something important to say--at least he thinks it's important. And oh man this boy can throw a temper tantrum!!! It is so freaking hilarious--of course we don't laugh at him (at least we try not to). If he doesn't get what he wants he will drop to his knees and throw himself on the ground while he screams and rolls around. Of course when you pick him up he immediately stops and starts talking like nothing just happened. I don't know how we are going to discipline him because everything he does is cute/funny :) I've put a lot of pictures from our play date with Anna and Reid on here. They are so funny and they all have their own agendas. Reid wanted to throw rocks (boy this kid has an arm on him too!) Anna loved to swing and slide---she did NOT want to take turns on the slide and when you see her picture you'll see how much she LOVED it!! Then there's Boone. All he cared about was the food---shocking I know!! He wanted everyone's food and all of the cookies Allison made. He was like a little Godzilla stomping all over the blanket on all the food trying to get from one thing to the other. Quite amusing I might add!! It's always a ton of fun to get to see the threebies together and always great to spend an afternoon with some good friends. I think next time we might try a big indoor play room--- now that will be an adventure!! Over all it was a great Spring Break--long enough to relax and enjoy our family but short enough to make me long for the summer when I can spend all of my time with my boys. The good thing is it will be here before I know it (48 more days)! This weekend we are going to go see a band we love--Micky and the Motorcars--I can't wait!! Boone will be happy since Angela is coming to keep him--he seems to really like her and we do too so that makes it easy. Oh Happy (late) Birthday to Chad ---we love you!! I guess that's all for now---hope you all have a good end to the week and a great weekend.

Why are you laughing at my crazy outfit?

Watch me Mom....I'm crazy!!

Let's see what can I make for dinner?


Look at those cheeks---he was playing hard!

Oh boy--here we go again!!

Yummmm.....ribs!!!

Check out the new shirt my Daddy bought me (nice huh?!)

Hey Miss Anna--check out all these cool rocks!

All doing their own thing :)

Weeeeeeee

This was making Anna sleepy!

Follow the leader......in a circle

I love this one!

Sweet girl

And the little man (he says thank you mama--- it is precious!!)

Picnic with great friends

Boone decided to sit with Allison---for a brief moment

Close up of the cookie monster

Hmmm what's in the wagon?

I don't know what's in the wagon Anna but I know my cookie is under it--don't worry I got it!!

Here we go in all directions again!

Cutie!!

Marching in a line

Hey friend-- one day you'll be able to do it too

I hope this isn't a glimpse into their future! :)

Anna is trying to squeeze her leg through (possible yes) but Boone just said screw it I'm going to shove my huge head through

Reid's got it figured out--he's busting out of this jail

Awww---sweet friends

Anna and Reid going for a ride--but wait......

Boone had to squeeze in too---Anna was not happy about sharing a seat with him.
Can you blame her?!?

Reid is saying Help Mama (seriously that's what he was saying!) because Anna is trying to take the ball--Boone wants no part in any of it

Trying to flip out of the swing

Oh boy that was fun!

Best picture of the day!!! Her face says it all!! :)

Reid's a big boy and got to slide down the whole way--way to go Reid!!

Are you digging the comb over?!

Yes people the manual labor has begun--- I knew we had kids for a reason (ha ha)

It looks like he's trying to eat Brian's shoe but he just found a new game--trying to put Daddy's shoe on his foot

But Daddy caught him instead

Look at that sweet face!! I love my little man so much!! :)

Ok so I have no idea how to flip these and I never remember that when I'm filming them so if you want to watch sideways you can--I'll try to remember for next time. Sorry!!
He loves this thing tied around his head--too funny!!

Anyway this is him dancing away--he does it all the time. A boy after my own heart---look out ladies!! :)

4 comments:

Nancy(GiGi) said...

He is sooo darn cute! And what a dancer! I like his hair cut, he is just growing up too fast. He's got to really be fun to be around. I can't wait to see you guys and hear him talk. Have fun this week end Mickey and the Motorcars were really good, a couple of years ago, your Dad and I went to see them, it was fun! Love you all, GiGi

Bridget said...

Boone, PaPaw said he sees your mom in some of your pics. Love the scarf on your head and the dancing! Love Grammy (practice that word)

benay said...

You just want to squeeze Boone's checks. They are so cute. You can tell he really likes to be outside. Glad you all had a fun Spring Break
Have a good week. At least it is a short week.
B

benay said...

Boone's cheeks are so cute. It makes you just want to squeeze them. You can tell his two favorite things are being outside and eating.
Have a good week. At least it is a short week.
B