Wednesday, December 31, 2008

He has arrived!

Boone made his grand entrance Monday December 29th at 5:35 p.m. We checked in at 5:30 that morning so it was about a 12 hour labor but it was all worth it for this little guy! He is 20 inches long and he weighed 8 lbs. 15 oz.!! Yes he is our BIG little guy! We had an amazing nurse Andrea who stayed with us after her shift was done and a great doctor who thank goodness knows how to handle big babies! He came out very bruised and blue, I felt so sorry for him, but he looks so much better now. There was a lot of family there to see him come into our lives and we are so grateful and thankful that they could all be there with us. It was nice to have people to talk to all day and keep me distracted plus they were all able to share his first hour of life with me and Brian. We feel so lucky. It was an extremely tiring day but one that I will never forget--we are so in love with Boone and are counting our blessings each day for this amazing little miracle. I will post more pictures soon but I have to go be a mom and give Boone a bath. I never would have imagined this would be the way I would be ringing in the New Year but I could not imagine doing anything better. Thanks for all of your love and support, we are so thankful for everything. Happy New Year and We love you all!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are all so excited! Keep putting up pictures for us. It is hard living so far, and he will change so fast! We love you!
Leslie and Dustin

Matt and Audrey Myers said...

Congratulations Jessica! He is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

He is soooooooooo ADORABLE!!! Congrats!! Can't believe how big he was, WOW or should I say OUCH, hahaha
Natalie

Anonymous said...

Almost every picture he looks different! But he's handsome in every one. We miss him, and wish we could hold him. I'm glad your Mom is there to help out. We are a Lucky family. Go take care of your baby and we will talk soon. Love, GG (Nancy)