Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend Away

Well we had our first official weekend away from our sweet baby this weekend. Our friends Don and Amy got married in Kerrville, which is about an hour from here. So Grandma Lou and Aunt Leslie came in to keep Boone. Friday night we decided to keep it low key and go out to eat and then just go back to the bar at the hotel and oh my gosh it was awesome! The people watching could not be beat. There were tons of old men on the prowl for these younger ladies there. It was hilarious-- we were seriously the youngest people there----by 30 years!!! Maybe I'm exaggerating a little but I can't tell you how much fun we had just being there. Saturday I had to come back in to Boerne for our annual fundraiser at school. It was tons of fun and I got to see about half of my class so that was good. Then Saturday before the wedding we went out to one of the houses they rented and watched the Tech football game.....Wreck Em Tech!!! It was an awesome game. We didn't get to see all of it before we had to leave (and we waited until the last second...almost too late considering the bridesmaids were walking up as we got there....OOPS!) but the minister let us know that we could all breathe--- Tech was winning. As you can see we were among great people! :) The wedding was beautiful and Amy looked amazing--as always! The reception was a ton of fun but we called it an early night and went back to the hotel bar for a couple of drinks and a little dancing....shocking I know for those of you that know Brian. But I guess I maybe just danced around him so I don't know if that really counts but either way we had a great time! It was such a nice weekend and Brian and I really just enjoyed being with each other again. We all get so busy in our day to day that we forget about each other, at least we had I think. It's kind of like falling in love all over again. Boone had a great time with Lou and Leslie. He didn't even care when he saw me..made me feel really good. No I'm kidding, I would much rather him act that way then cry the whole time we were gone. He's such an awesome kid and Brian and I are so grateful for Cindy and Leslie coming and giving us a great weekend off. We loved it so much we decided we are going to take another trip to Vegas for our ten year anniversary in Jan. No not our wedding anniversary but our "fake one" as Brian calls it. But i figure if we have put up with each other for that long we deserve to celebrate it! :) Again THANK YOU, THANK YOU to Cindy and Leslie for taking such good care of our baby and to Boone for being so chill. We love you all so much! Hope you all had a great weekend too and a good week ahead!

Our lovely view of Kerrville!

Self Portraits after the bar...I'm not sure what was so funny!

The much talked about lover's nest! Ha Ha--note the staircase...nice! As Brian joked our bathroom was 319 and our room was 419
Griff and Jessica watching the game

The wedding was beautiful!!

Congrats you two!

The lights and the lawn

Joe Cool and his sunglasses

Don, Jess, Amy and Griff ---I love this picture!

Tyler, Amy and Don

I love Amy's face......enough with the pictures guys!!

Colby, Chad and Brian leaving a nice message for Amy and Don

MMMM Shiner Bock!

The bar...this doesn't even do it justice!

Another self portrait

Chad and Boone at brunch on Sunday

Boone and Leslie

As you can see Boone wasn't ready for them to leave!
This is from today---Brian pointed out that he skipped walking and went straight to running....SCARY!!!!

4 comments:

Bridget said...

That video is hilarious!!!! He wanted to cry once but saw mom and the camera! I am glad ya'll got away and had so much fun! That is good therapy too!(Nice staircase)Love you all and count on us for the next babysitting job! Love Grammy

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Love the self portraits, you guys look like you've had a little practice! Boone just amaze's me, he is so smart! Leslie looks pretty natural holding Boone. I'm glad you guys had a week end with no chores, and just spending time with each other. It's scary how the time gets away, and you realize, you have not had any alone time together. But it makes you appreciate the chances you get! Vegas! That sounds fun! Love, GiGi

benay said...

Sounds like ya"ll had a great time. Boone did learn to run before he walked!! Looks like he had a great time with Lou and Leslie. That makes it nice for ya"ll to know he is so happy.
Have a nice week
Love
B

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Jessica, I just wanted to say that I feel really bad that you do all of this work for your regular ol' stand by's , and also I apologize for maybe sometimes writing a book, when I comment, but you know how I am, and I appreciate the time you take for us to see what's going on with you and Boone, and Brian. Also all the pictures. Without them we would probably never know how he's changing every week, and the beautiful pictures of the ranch, and everyone there, it's like a small section in a newspaper that I look so forward to. So how could I not comment on everything?, Surely I can take a few minutes out of my day for you, since you do that for me. Just wanted to let you know that we do appreciate you, So, Thanks to the Editor and thank Boone for all of the time in front of the camera he has to spend. He will grow up to either hate a camera, or Love them! We Love You All! GiGi