Sunday, October 4, 2009

Well the rest of our week did not get any better (well until yesterday that is). Thursday I got a call at work from the day care and they told me that Boone had started to run a low fever again and that he was having trouble breathing....of course I started to freak out. Luckily Brian was still at home so he called and talked to the nurses at our pediatricians office and they suggested that we bring Boone back in. So Brian took him and the doctor there sent them over to the hospital to get x-rays of his chest because they thought he had some rapid spreading pneumonia. Now Brian didn't tell me how bad they thought it was until after it was over...thank goodness. The x-rays came back clean and we have no idea why he was having so much trouble breathing. He was doing something called splinting and they described it as if you had broken a couple ribs so every time you take a breath your lungs hurt. It was pretty sad to see him Thursday night because you could tell he was hurting and scared. They gave him a shot at the hospital and we went back Friday morning for a follow up. They checked his oxygen levels and listened to his lungs but they said they couldn't explain what happened because he sounded great. They think that he was exposed to something new and had a reaction or we caught the pneumonia in the early stages. Either way it was a very scary couple of days and to be honest I'm still confused by the whole thing and I am really hoping it was just some freaky thing that is over and will never happen again! And I wanted to say thank you to all of you who called to check on him and for everyone who said prayers for him--we are so grateful to you all! Our little guy seems good now but I still find myself watching him very closely--I'm still a little shocked by it all. On a lighter note our Red Raiders won!! YAY! I hope our boys can get it together for the rest of the season but I'm afraid we'll just have to wait and see. Boone put on his new Tech polo for the game! What a cutie huh?! I don't know what we are going to do about that hair! Have a great week--we love you all!



This is a video of Boone just playing like he does--all over the place and into everything! It's long but watch if you like and sorry about the blurry parts--too much movement!

4 comments:

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Boone I hope you get better, you look like you feel fine. I think that's what's scary, I've always heard that even when a baby is sick, he may still play like he's fine. But your Mom and Dad have got a close eye on you it sounds like. I like your little shirt and jeans! Jessica, if there is anything you need, let us know. I have worried all week end, and I'm glad he seems to be doing better. See you guys soon! Love, GiGI

Unknown said...

very scary jessica!! i remember when mallory was about 18 months or so and ended up in the hospital w/rsv. VERY SCARY, she didn't respond to the breathing treatments they had her on and her oxygen level was 87%!!!!! she was there for 3 days and i NEVER left her side, she slept on my chest while i uncomfortably sat in those hospital chairs. he seems to look like he's feeling pretty good!! take care, we'll see ya around
natalie

Bridget said...

Hi Boone--I am glad you are feeling better and I love the video. You are sooooo cute and look so grown up! You and Jake will have a ball at the game together! Can't wait to see you and STAY well!!!!!!! Love Grammy

benay said...

I bet you and Brian hope you never have another week like that! Glad Boone is doing better. Maybe you can get some rest this weekend.
I can't wait to see pictures of Boone, Jake and Laney at the football game
Love
B