Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween and LBK

OK so I am WAY late for this update but it's been a BUSY and EXHAUSTING week! We went to Lubbock this weekend for the Tech game and Halloween and we had a great time...and Tech won so things were good! Boone did great on the way to Lubbock--I actually don't even think that great would describe it. We were in the car for 7 hours and he did not cry one single time. We did get out to eat for lunch but even after we got back in the car he was fine...now coming home that's a whole different story...I'll save that for later on. We got to Lubbock around 5 and hung out with Grammy and PaPaw and then Megan, Cory, Laney and Jake were there around 8.The boys are really cute together and Laney loves to play with/boss them around. It was really funny to watch her because she would give the boys toys to play with if they were preoccupied with something else but then when they wanted to play with the toys she would take them and run off saying they were hers. She was hilarious to watch and she the best part was she kept bouncing the balls off the boys heads. I loved it and the best part is it's only going to get better! It will be fun at Christmas when they are starting to walk around to see what Laney will do then. I love it! So Saturday we went to the game and tailgated with Grandaddy (for some reason lately I have been calling him Daddy G...I have no idea where that came from and it makes me laugh when I say it but that's probably what Boone will end up calling him.....sorry Dad!) He has a great tailgating spot right now. It's over by the baseball field so there is a huge fenced in grassy spot with a ton of area for the kids to run/crawl around. We had a ton of fun and got to see some old friends, cousins, sisters/sisters in law and met some new friends too. Boone did great for his first big football game. None of the cheering scared him and for the most part I think he had a really good time! We were able to stay for the whole game and then we headed back to Grammy and PaPaws to get ready to go Trick or Treating! Well Boone really wasn't wanting to go but you know how that is....you dress them up, take a few pictures and be done with it. Jake and Boone were not so happy about being in their costumes but they just looked so darn cute and of course Laney looked adorable but it was even better because she would say ARRR like a pirate! Too cute! We put the boys in a double stroller and walked them around the block with Laney while she went up and got the candy from the people. She was a little hesitant but got the hang of it pretty soon. She wanted to eat her candy after breakfast the next morning and kept taking the candy left over from Mom's house. So finally Megan just dumped what was left over in her bucket....needless to say she was a very happy girl! Sunday we packed up and headed home. Brian went to New Mexico to go hunting (shocking right?!) so it was just me and the Mister for the 7 hour drive home. He did great at first---he slept from Lubbock to San Angelo. We got out and ate lunch which was fun but let me tell you something---trying to go to the bathroom while holding your 10 month old is NOT easy! You forget how easy things are when there are two of you but when you're all alone it makes it a little more complicated! After leaving San Angelo Boone lost it!!! He had a COMPLETE MELTDOWN!!!!! It was so bad that by the time we reached Eden I had to stop and turn his seat around so I could pass him cookies to keep him quiet. But as soon as I ran out he was screaming at me again! I can't blame the kid, I was worn out too and didn't want to be in that car anymore so I can only imagine how he felt. About the time we got to Junction (1 1/2 hours later) he finally had worn himself out and fell back to sleep. It was pretty peaceful the rest of the way home--we had a few moments of panic when he would wake up and realize we were still in the car but then would fall right back to sleep. It was a LONG drive home!! Thanks Brian!!! :) The week has been good. Brian got home Tuesday night so it was really nice to have some relief again. I told him last week that you just don't realize how much work it is until you are alone doing everything on your own. If I wasn't working full time it would be a different story but it gets really hard when you work all day and don't have anyone to help when you're home at night. I give all of the single working moms so much credit. I don't know how you do it and remain sane!!! :) I am so glad it is Friday and the weekend seems pretty slow--- YAY!!! We are using a babysitter for the first time tomorrow night so we can go to Wurstfest with some of our friends. We are really excited but I have to admit I am a little nervous just because it's a totally different thing when you are leaving them with family. But some other friends have used Angela before and she seems really sweet. She's going to come over early so they can play for a while and get used to each other. Brian and I are really excited for a night out and a baby sitter for future nights out! We had our family pictures taken two weeks ago and they are finished and really, really BEAUTIFUL!!! She did an amazing job! If you want to look at them you can go to http://www.lifeimprintsbykim.com/ At the bottom you will see customer galleries--click on that then go to my name (at the bottom) and our password is Taco. It is the name of the dog that was following us everywhere....Boone loved him! He actually mad it in one of the pictures.....too funny!!! Hope you all love them as much as we do and have a wonderful weekend! We love yall!!!
Boone in his big boy car seat

Playing with a magical wand his Grammy had.....hmmmm can we find a ball or something to play with! :)

Playing with Daddy

Jake climbing the stairs

Cory and Boone---he looks so little when Cory holds him

Boone and Jake helping with the dishes

Jake was really loving it!!! I love this picture

Jake gouging out Grammy's eyes.....easy there Jake

Jake and Boone playing with their pumpkins......

Uh Oh! Where did Jake go?

Laney and her bed head!

The 3 Amigos!

Leslie, Brian and Boone

Me, Boone and Leslie

Dustin and Boone----not sure what Boone is pointing at here?

Jake has his beer and Laney has her ice....happy kids!!

Boone showing Carla and Leslie his new trick....HIGH FIVES!!!! So cute!

Now Boone found the beer!

Going up to the game!!! Get your guns up!!!

First Tech game as a family!


You can't see Boone very good but I really like this picture

Grammy and Boone

Boone and our mascot---I don't think he realized there was a huge black horse behind him

Meg, Grammy and Jake

Boone, Grandaddy and Jake

Boone's like WOW she's fast and Jake's saying Yeah I know I can't keep up with her either!

Jake the Parrot

Laney the Pirate

Getting the boys ready. Jake doesn't look happy.

Then he loses it

So Boone went solo for a while

and Jake helped Laney get some candy

but don't worry they were back together by the end of the night!

PaPaw and Boone talking about the game

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh Boone--that was a busy week-end--but how much fun--Grammy is going to anchor the Christmas tree to the floor!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE the family pictures and yes, I would like one of each please---Have a restful week-end with mom and dad! See you SOON! Love Grammy

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Well, I just don't see how you do it! I know it was a hard drive, and maybe you won't have to make many of those. The babies looked so cute, and Boone is just so handsome it's not even funny. But of course all of our Babies are beautiful! I hate that I missed ya'll but I am looking forward to Christmas. The family pictures are great, and yes, we'll take one of each also. Good luck Boone this week, with your ears, I know everything will be okay! GiGi will keep you guys in her prayers. Love, GiGi

benay said...

What great pictures. I have had a ball since I got an update on Saturday and got to see all of the family pictures!! Thanks so much. All of them are so good. I don't know how you will pick.
Tell Boone that Bob and I will be thinking about him during his little ordeal but know everything will be fine.
Have fun on your date tonight.
Love
B

The Lowes said...

Hey Jess,
Love the blog and it is so good to see everyone on there. Sure wish we could have gone to a Tech game this year. HOWEVER it probably would have been the ATM game and well that would not have been fun with my "humble" family of Aggies.

Just in case...here is our blog...I keep it for my parents too. We must get together some time since we are in San Antonio.
http://thelowedownonthelowes.blogspot.com/