Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving at the Ranch

Happy Thanksgiving to you all--yes I know it's over but I thought I would say it anyway! We spent our Thanksgiving at the ranch with Brian's family--it was a blast! Brian and Boone went down on Saturday with Pops and Grandma Lou and Uncle Chad and Mois and Pa (Boone's great grandparents) and then they met up with Adele and Bobby and Josh. Then Art and Ben came in later that night. I had to stay here because I didn't get out of school until Tuesday. It was so strange being here by myself for 3 nights. The days weren't bad because I could keep myself busy with errands and work but the nights were so lonely without my two boys. I was so happy Tuesday when I finally got to see them again. They kept Boone up for me so I could see him--it was really sweet and funny because he just had this look on his face like hey I know you but it's been a while! So cute!! Boone's other cousins Amanda and Trey came in later that night with Vicki and Jerry and then Leslie and Dustin came in Wednesday afternoon. So we had a FULL house but we had so much fun. We ate a TON (and it was amazing food), talked a bunch, sang some songs--thanks Dustin and Art, saw a ton of animals, and had a really wonderful time. Boone LOVED all of the attention he got and has still not adjusted to being home with just Mom and Dad--he's missing the whole crew! He did so good when we were there. He's good about going to everybody and being a really easy baby. He had a great time watching the dogs and exploring the grass outside. He even played washers and I have to say got pretty good at it. Better than I was! We left Saturday morning and brought Mois and Pa back to the airport but I have to say I was completely wiped out and I think Boone was glad to be back in his house. I wish I had videoed him when he saw his room for the first time. It was hilarious!!! We really hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving too! There is nothing more important to us than our family and friends so we hope you all know how much we love you and howthankful we are to have each of you in our lives. And Happy 1st Thanksgiving and 11 month birthday Boone!! It's all going too fast!! :) Have a great week!!
Walking to Daddy

Check out all of those teeth


Sorry Daddy we had to cut you out--you would thank us if you saw the original!! :)


Bobby, Stephanie, Chad, Jeff and Mois all getting ready for the big Thanksgiving dinner! YUM!!


The Tommerups!!



Boone loved the sweet potato casserole and apricot salad!! Check out the cute bib his Grandma Lou got him----Baby's 1st Thanksgiving!! Thanks Lou!!


Amanda and Boone


Me, Leslie and Stephanie


Sissy and Bonnie following us


Me, Steph, Leslie, Amanda, Chad and Mois in the high rack


Dustin and Chad



Boone and Josh with their El Papalote shirts and cowboy hats---so cute! Boone LOVES Josh--he loved them all!




Playing with his blocks back at home






Boone playing at home--I put it on here because he learned to wave at the ranch (thanks Adele!) and he does it at the very end--there is a scary part where it looks like he might hit his head--don't worry he doesn't!!



4 comments:

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Hi Boone! Happy Thanksgiving to you all also. I'm glad you had a great time, and glad everyone made it home safe. Boone, your hair is just beautiful, and I love the way you wave. You are a pretty smart little guy! We missed you guys, but we all had a good time at Jamie's. The food was really great as always, and the weather was just beautiful. It's always a little sad that your Grammy, and Grand Daddy, are'nt there, and it still seems very odd, but then Jake, and Laney, and Carter (Tom, and Linda's grand baby) helped to keep us entertained. I'm so excited about Christmas, and seeing you guys! Thanks for the update, and the great pictures as always! Love You, GiGi

benay said...

Jessica, I loved the pictures of all of you at Thanksgiving. They were real exciting to look at but it could have been more exciting if I could have been there with you.
I hope that I will see Boone's first football game as the fullback for the Tech Red Raiders, I will only be 104 years old!!!I"ll buy my own ticket to the game
Love
Goggy

Bridget said...

Boone, what a fun first Thanksgiving you had!!!!!! I bet you are just a little spoiled after all of that attention! I can't wait to see you in a few days! Love you and you are 11 months today-Wow! Love Grammy

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Happy 11 month birthday Boone! Love, GiGi, and Grand Daddy!