Sunday, December 6, 2009

Weekend with Grammy and PaPaw

We had another really great week and a fun weekend. Grammy and PaPaw came to stay with us this weekend and boy did Boone have fun showing off and loving on them. It's funny because it's not like he sees her every day or every weekend but he seems to know exactly who she is. He would go straight to her and give her hugs or go play with her---sometimes even passing up Mommy and Daddy for Grammy! It was pretty cute. It makes me wonder if he knows that's my mom or maybe he sees the resemblance in us so it's easy for him to go to her. Either way it was really sweet to watch. We went out to eat on Wednesday and Friday and Boone did really great at both places. Of course he had a lot of people entertaining him and lucky for us the restaurants we chose were LOUD, which is always good when you have a little one talking/yelling and banging spoons on the table. Saturday Mom and I took Boone with us to do our annual day of Christmas shopping and WOW the crowds were unbelievable!!! I do not do well with hundreds of people pushing and fighting over things but it makes it even harder when you are trying to keep your child safe from the mobs! Boone did really good though. We were out for about 4 hours and he didn't really fuss at all. Towards the end you could tell he was getting tired so we loaded up and went to Chick Fil A to get some food for all of us. Boone LOVED it---we might have started something bad but we didn't care. We were all hungry and worn out! That night we stayed at the house and cooked steaks and watched the Big 12 Championship. What a horrible game!!! No offense to the Longhorns or Cornhuskers but come on.....the other games were so good and ours was just the worst!!! Sunday we had to say Bye to Grammy and PaPaw but we are going to Odessa for Christmas so it won't be long before we see them and Grand Daddy and GiGi too!! We are really looking forward to Boone's 1st Christmas. Now if I could only wiggle my nose and have all of the presents wrapped!!! :) Hope you all had a great weekend and a nice week ahead of you!


All bundled up in my cool new winter hat! :)

Hmmmm....what can I play with in here?

Yummmmmmy--that's a good spoon!

Grammy put her vest on Boone but he didn't know what to do---Brian said he looked like his Aunt Leslie here! :)

Boone bundled up in his big camo coat his Great Aunt B gave him...... I'm so glad it was finally cold enough for us to use it!

I'm so mad I chopped off his head in this picture--- I need to go to photography school

My little cowboy--- I absolutely LOVE this look on him. It just suits him so well. Thanks for the cute boots GiGi and Grand Daddy!

Grammy, Boone and PaPaw--- check out those feet!

Boone was telling Grammy that she was NOT leaving and that he was going to stow away in her bag if she tried!

I finally got the decorations up!

I got all new ornaments this year (they were half off!! I love a good sale) and I have to say this is my favorite tree ever. It just fits our house so well---they are all wood ornaments (safe for Boone) and they have a mountain, outdoorsy, rustic feel. I LOVE IT!! It's hard to tell in this picture but I promise it's really cute.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Boone-when I got home I opened up my suitcase and you were not there!!!!!! I was soooooooo mad! Pa Paw and I had a great week-end and miss all of you so much already! Can't wait for Christmas and Birthday-WOW! Love ya Grammy
And Jess--I love your decorations and tree-and in the words of Laney "Good Job Jessica"

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Boone, I am so jealous of your Grammy getting all of your hugs and kisses, before Christmas! I'm gonna talk to her about that! Not really, I'm so glad she got to come to see you and your Mom. I know you all had fun, and I loved your fur vest, very sophisticated. I can't wait to see you and your Mom and Dad. This will be a great Christmas, and Birthday! Jessica, thanks a millions times over for all of the time you take to share your life with everyone. I look so forward to every week. Love, GiGi

benay said...

Boone looks so cute in his cowboy boots!! I would love to see him walk in them. Jessica, your house looks so good. Your decorating is great. You must get that from your mother. Just think, only a few days until Christmas break!!
Love
B