Tuesday, December 29, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOONE!!!

I can't even believe I'm saying this but Boone is 1!!! WOW--this year has really flown by! We spent the day just hanging out with Boone. It's a crazy time of year for a birthday to fall but it also works out great because with me being out of school and Brian's business on pause for the holidays we get to be with Boone every year. We made pancakes for breakfast then after a long nap (Boone that is) we went to eat lunch and went to Build a Bear. That was quite an experience! Some man tried to convince us to leave because it would cost us a fortune-- ha ha! It was a really sweet place and Boone picked out a super cute polar bear--he LOVES it! Then we stopped by marble slab for some yogurt and off to the house for some R & R before we head to the ranch tomorrow. What a great day!! Boone was born at 5:35 --that is almost exactly one year ago and it us unreal to think about how much has changed this last year. We have become a family who rely and depend on each other and it has been the most amazing and most difficult (in a good way of course) year of my life! Boone, you are the best thing that has ever happened to your daddy and me. We only thought we knew what love was until you came into our world. To see life through your beautiful eyes each day has been a true blessing and we are so grateful for each day we have with you. Thank you for being the coolest kid around and for loving us so much--even when we mess up! We hope you had a wonderful birthday and always remember--we love all that you will be and everything you are! Love you sweet boy! I put this new song on here because it's everything I hope for my little man and all that he can be. Hope you like it as much as I do.


My birthday balloons from Grammy and Pa Paw!
He thought he could just take one--it was hilarious
My cool new car---all the ladies will love me now!

How do you work this thing?

Oh ok I got it now!

Telling me he's one

Picking out his polar bear
And fluffing him up after--Boone just wanted to play with the brush!

All done---Daddy looks more excited about it all! :)

Boone talking to him,

and hugging him,

and showing him who's boss!! (Boone's teeth are WAY scarier than his bears!)

He loves him!!!



And now Daddy and Boone are sleeping on the couch-- Boone's going to sleep right through his birthday celebration in 40 minutes but that's okay--it's been a busy birthday! :)


P.S. Birthday pics from the parties will be posted later!!! :)

5 comments:

benay said...

What a fun day!! Boone is so lucky to have such involved parents.
Be careful on your trip tomoorow and have fun at the ranch.
Love
B

Bridget said...

What a wonderful birthday you have had! Boone you have pretty special parents that love you soooooooo much! Ok I love the song and cried the entire time!!!!! Brian and Jess, hold on to every moment becuase it goes way too fast!!! Happy Birthday Boone! I love you, your mom and dad so very much! Jess it is almost the time you had the last push!!!!!!! God Bless all of you! Love Grammy

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Oh My God! Your Mom called and told me to look at your blog, and to get out the Kleenex, and I didn't but I should have. I think Boone has the best parents, and we love you all so much. You have made our lives so complete, and the love this family has for each other is just incredible . To think of you and Megan and your own little families just seems wild, because just yesterday, you were playing soccer and were just little girls, and I would wonder," will they ever love me?" I never think that anymore, now it's only about how much I love you, and your family, and those babies, Oh My, I never dreamed of this kind of love. Happy Birthday Boone, GiGi Loves You, Have a Happy New Year everyone! Love, GiGi

Bridget said...

Happy New Year Boone!!!!! Love,Grammy

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Happy New Year you guys have a fun day, and a Great New Year! Love, GiGi