Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Boone's Birthday Parties!!

That's right. One birthday party was just not enough for our sweet boy so we had TWO. Chances are every year this will be how it goes since we get to see both sides of our family right around his birthday. I felt so bad when I found out he was going to be a Christmas time baby because I thought he would get totally shafted but boy was I wrong. In fact from now on I might combine the two because we are swamped with all of Boone's new stuff. The good thing is I have put it all away in his closet then a little bit at a time I will get out something new for him to play with. Boone's first party was at Grand Daddy and GiGi's awesome new addition to their house. We jokingly call it the Gossett Compound but it had totally become that. It is a beautiful new outdoor kitchen and garage/extra room. It is incredible and they got it finished just in time to break it in with Boone's birthday. We did a jungle theme there since he has all of the jungle animals in his room--I figured it was a good way to end the 1st year. The second party was at the Ranch and it was a camo/hunting theme. I know most would think we are totally rednecks but hey that's just who we are and who Boone will probably be. I LOVED his camo cake---too cool!! We had the best time celebrating with everyone and Boone got everything a 1 year old could ever want. We had a great time and I'm pretty sure he did too! Thank you all for the sweet cards and gifts that made our little boys birthday so memorable. The best part of it all was getting to spend his special day(s) with all of the people he loves so much! We can't wait to do it again a year from now.

Daddy and Boone in the new outdoor kitchen at my Dad's house----it is AMAZING!!


Me and my Big Boy


Mom, Erin and Jake and Boone (it looks like Boone is using the bathroom...ha ha)



Boone's cake


The sheet cake--I thought these were SO cute!


The whole cake setup


This says it all


Erin, Leslie, Boone, Me, Meg and Jake



Brian, Me, Boone, Leslie and Dustin (sorry the sun's so bright)


Jake and Boone is his new wagon----the LOVED this

Getting ready for cake

Oh yeah....here we go

What a great day

Opening presents....I think I was more excited than Boone

Boone checking out his new tiger

He loves his new puzzles
Family Shot

Erin really got into it! :)

Laney, Meg, Boone and Me

Boone crashed after the presents....this party WORE HIM OUT!!!

Laney, Cory and Jake after the party--- I LOVE, LOVE this picture!!

Boone and his camo for the ranch party!

Opening up his boots

Awesome boots!

Note to self---Boone really likes cards!

Opening up his pewter cup from Lou and Pops--it's engraved with his initials

Loving the bows

Thanks for the awesome book Chad and Steph

Soccer ball from the Jacobs--we've been working on kicking it!

Boone's Camo cake

Side shot

Coolest Cake

Let's Party----more cake!!

Going slow at first

YUM YUM YUM

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh Boone! what fun you had and what cool cakes---Thanks for having two parties so we can all enjoy you! Love and miss you--Grammy

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Boone, you're just too lucky, to have two birthday parties, and Christmas too! You are a little party animal! Everyone Loves you so much, and I think it is so neat that you can have a party at different places. Thanks for letting us do the party for Boone, Jessica, we had a great time. We need to practice on organization though. I'm glad you guys had a great time. Love GiGi