Monday, January 18, 2010

1 Year Checkup!

So we had Boone's big one year checkup last Monday and everything went great. He is still big for his age 85% for head and weight and 75% for height. Our doctor said he looked great and told us what was to come in the months before we see her again (15 months) then came the bad part. Shots!! They took a blood sample first but they just pricked his toe and squeezed it out--which I'm sure was not pleasant but he did great and didn't cry at all. But then the shots came--3 of them, 2 in one leg and one in the other. He screamed like he always does and turned bright red but he got over it really quick--he's a toughie!! We had a great week! We went and say a show Tuesday night. Brian won tickets that morning and we called our babysitter and luckily she could watch Boone so we went and watched Micky Braun sing live and Ray Wylie Hubbard played too. It was amazing-- I have a short video I'll post later. It was a really nice night for us--we had a great time. Thursday after school I brought Boone up to school and Dana brought Anna so we could let them play. It was so cute. Boone was really shy at first and Anna was so excited to see him--so sweet! They played and talked--well Anna did most of the talking but we had a really great time. I laugh so hard at those too and the things they do. I love this age!! The week was really good too because it was a short one for me because we had Friday off too so we had a really great 4 day weekend. We were able to lay around and play with Boone and get some things done around the house---FINALLY!! It was a really great weekend. Boone had to say goodbye to the bottle for good this weekend. We had been slowly taking away bottles knowing that we would soon have to have him off it completely since they don't do bottles in the 12-18mth class at day care. But he was not happy about this new change at all. At first he wanted nothing to do with the sippy cup, even though he has been drinking out of one (reluctantly) for a few months now. But then he gave in and drank a ton one night. Then the next morning he wouldn't want it at all. So who knows!?! We are being good about not giving in so I'm proud of us for that but man he is stubborn sometimes!! He also didn't want to nap much this weekend but I guess that just means he's trying to grow up on me. Sometimes I think I'm the one having the hardest time dealing with all of the changes--my baby is turning into a little boy! We had a really great time with Boone this weekend--the weather was nice part of the time so we were outside a lot. Brian got Boone's swing hung up (sorry those pics didn't make it this time-- I took them after I had uploaded this weeks pics) so we did that a few times. We hung out in bed talking--Boone is quite the conversationalist now, we went to the car wash --tons of fun watching all of the tubes and sprayers everywhere. Just random stuff but a really great weekend. Hope you all had a good long one too and enjoy the new pictures of my nonstop, busy all day, needing a hair cut, sweet, loving little man!!

Brushing my teeth!


Boone and Daddy at his checkup--Boone looks like he knows what's coming


Check out my awesome rocking horse from my Great Aunt Vicki and Great Uncle Jerry--it's awesome--notice the Red Raider colors--nice!! Thanks you guys--we love it ...oh yeah and Boone does too!!


Yee Haw!! (we're trying to teach him that one)


Drinking my bottle just chillin (little did he know this would be one of the last time) So sad :(


Anna wearing the stuff from my classroom--she's Reading the Room (you're so smart Anna!)

Boone just walked around banging the sticks and trying to see how many he could carry



Boone found Anna again

And off they went! So sweet!! :)

Driving

Check out my too small pj's and my mouth full of food--awesome!

I don't know what this pose is but I love it!

Digging for toys--because the 300 things on the floor right now just simply won't do!!

I have no idea what was so funny

Bummer! Rainy Days

I just love how his eye turned out in this one so I had to put it on


Dirty Face! But cute expression

Check out that hair!!!!

Daddy and Boone playing Wii-- Boone loves it

Hanging out with Ellie and Hagen--check out my new big boy shoes

Ahhhhhh....RUN!

1 comment:

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Yea, Boone, you are such a big boy, and (I know I always say this, buy) Look At Those Lashes! I love your horse, and tell your Mommy and Daddy, that changes with her little boy will always be hard, I think from now on. You are a great little boy, and we love you very much, and your Mom and Dad too!. The pictures are great as usual. Love, GiGi