Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Years at the Ranch

Happy New Year! I know I'm about a week late but hey, better late than never! That seems to be my motto lately. I just can't ever seem to catch up. Being back at school makes it that much more difficult especially since we are doing all of our mid year assessments and report cards--oh what fun! Brian is out of town until Saturday which adds a whole lot more to my schedule so needless to say I am already WORN OUT!!! Anyway about the Ranch--we had a great time as always! We usually spend every New Years with Brian's family. I'm not sure how that tradition started but we've done it since our first year together back in 2000! I think the only year we missed was last year and oh my what a difference a year makes. New Years last year we were both asleep by 9 and ringing in the new year with a midnight feeding. We had a great New Years Eve and we actually made it to midnight--well some of us did! :) It's always fun hanging out with that crew and you know you are in for some laughs--that's for sure!! The rest of the week we hung out and drove around the ranch. We got to hunt a lot (Thanks Lou, Adele, Les and Steph for watching Boone for us) and we got some really nice deer (that's coming later). We also got to celebrate Boone's birthday with Brian's family (again that will be coming later in a different post) and it was a ton of fun. They showered him with gifts and tons and tons of love! He was so cute with everyone there, especially Grandma Lou. Brian was sad (well not really) one time when Boone jumped from his arms into hers and then he held out his but Boone did not jump back....ha ha! Brian got all pouty and kept trying so Boone finally came back but went straight back to Lou. He is a riot and boy he is TALKING!!! Non stop talking! I wish I knew what he was saying to me but I can only imagine. Actually half the time I might not want to hear what he has to say to me. :) The girls at day care said he was shaking his finger at them like he was mad and saying "doh" which I thought meant dog because he says that a lot but when I started watching him I think he is saying "no" because he hears me say it ALL the time! I mean that boy is everywhere he is not supposed to be and he thinks it is hilarious. I do have to say he is pretty good about stopping whatever he's doing but every once in a while he tests me and tries to get away with stuff. Well now that I have rambled on and on all I can say is it was a great way to end our exciting and busy year and the new year has been good to us so far. I'm looking forward to a weekend at home so I can get my house back in order and maybe even catch a nap...or two. Hope you all had a great holiday and we wish you a healthy and happy 2010! Love you all!!

Josh and Boone

Boone on his new truck from Chad and Steph (I guess this should have been with the birthday post...oops!)

Telling us he's one while riding his truck

I don't know if Bobby was trying to hide from me but check out his eye through the glass.....creepy!! :)

Leslie and her close up shot

Larry taking some mudslide shots.....YUMMMM!!!

Leslie and Dustin

Chad, Leslie and Brian (so sweet)

The "Outsiders" as we are so lovingly called

Stephanie and Chad

Chad's forehead turned really red from his New Years hat.....I have to say that's what you get for wearing such a gay hat! :) Sorry Chad, just telling it like it is.
Leslie and me

The girls
Leslie, Adele, Cindy, Stephanie and Me

Brian loving on Larry and I'm not sure what Steph is doing

Forcing poor Trey to wear the hat

Brian with a tiara on his neck and chops on his face.....boy I'm a lucky girl!!

Lou teaching Boone to say her name (check out his super cute overalls--they were a b-day present from Leslie and Dustin. I LOVE them!!!)
WARNING!!!!
If you do not want to see the deer we shot then don't scroll down
(you can't complain now because I warned you!)
Dustin's deer (the video of this hunt was really great!)




My buck!! I am so proud of him!! It was not the best shot-- he came out and I shot him a little back then he ran back into the brush. We thought he probably went down in there but as we were getting ready to leave to look for him he stepped back out. I was getting ready to shoot him again when he fell over. I was SO excited!! Not only that I had this awesome deer but that he was actually down and not wounded somewhere where we weren't going to find him. We are getting him mounted and I can't wait to see him when it's done. YAY!!! Now I actually have one in the house. :)

Trey, Leslie and Me all with the deer we got on New Years Eve! Like Jeff said that's quite a way to end 2009!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Looks like ya'll had a great New Years! Thanks for the warning on the deer KILL!!!!!!!!!! You know me I had to scroll down! Yuk! Maybe Boone will want to be inside with Grandma Lou during the hunts!
Love you --Grammy (That is a great Buck though Jess)

benay said...

Ya'll have been realy busy!! Those were some great pictures at the ranch.Too bad Boone didn't get any attention while he was there.
Have a good weekend and get some rest...the housework can always wait
Love
B

Nancy(GiGi) said...

It looks like your New Year went really good, and I hate that you only got like a 10 POINT BUCK! At least! I couldn't do it, but I remember a time when I could, it really was kinda fun! I'm glad you get to do that stuff with Brian, you and your babies will always have fun just like everyone at the ranch does now. Happy New Year, and thanks for the great pics. Love, GiGi