Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tubes are In!!!

So we have tubes now! And I can not tell you how great he was through the whole thing. Grammy came in to be with Boone during the surgery--she was as nervous as I was but at least Brian was calm for the both of us. We had to be there at 5:30 to check in and then around 6:15 they called us back into the pre-op room. Brian and I went back with him, Mom stayed in the waiting room. After it was all done I told Mom sorry I didn't come switch with you so you could go back there and she said No, I really didn't want to go back there anyway! Ha Ha Anyway we went back and got him changed into a little gown--it was the sweetest/saddest thing! It was so cute on him but it still hurt a little seeing him in it because I knew what was coming. We waited there for the next hour and a half and he did so good while we waited. Brian and I traded off walking him around but as long as he could see everyone and was moving he was fine. All of the other babies were crying back there but Boone never cried once. The doctor came by and walked us through everything one more time then the anesthesiologist came by to tell us about putting him under and then he was off for surgery. Of course I cried a little but it wasn't near as bad as I thought. So we get to the waiting room and literally 10 minutes later here comes our doctor telling us everything went great. He did have an infection in both ears but he gave us some drops for that. Two minutes after that we went back into the post op room and could hear Boone screaming as soon as we walked in. That was by far the hardest part--watching him come out of the anesthesia. His eyes were rolling back and he was screaming (oh yeah and he was the ONLY one screaming this time!!) So the nurses got us packed up pretty fast and we were out of there by 8:30. Once we got in the car Boone was fine. I don't think he ever cried again and when we got home he played and played! You would have never known he had done anything that morning by the way he was acting. It was awesome!!! I never want to go through anything like that again (fingers crossed) but it was much better than I had ever expected. Thank you all for your prayers and kind thoughts for Boone and his ears. We are so thankful and grateful to the doctors and nurses as well. We are counting our blessings!! I had a great time hanging out with my mom and I know Boone LOVED playing with his Grammy! She brought him a cool farm house toy and some cute new clothes and she also brought some toys and clothes from GiGi. She sent him a cool new table with a laptop and a telephone! He loves it already!!! She also sent him some cars and this cool microphone that we took with us to the hospital. It saved us from the screaming! Thank you Grammy and GiGi for spoiling Boone in the best way possible! :) Mom left on Friday and the rest of the weekend has been pretty nice. We haven't done a lot but have had lots of fun doing nothing!! Boone is trying to walk--he has taken 2 to 3 steps on his own and he has a new tooth. But it's not one of the big top teeth...it's a fang!!! So funny! Nothing is ordinary with this kid! :) Well he's off to nap so I'm headed to do the same....Hope you all had a good weekend and we love you all!!!

Boone in his hospital gown



Playing with the ball Grandma Lou got him

Playing in the dishwasher......that look says BUSTED!!

In the waiting room at the hospital...funny face!

Grammy loving all over Boone

Check out my cute new pj's

Riding my giraffe....a little nervous

Daredevil---climbs on everything!

Peek A Boo

Cutie!

He hid like this for a few minutes--- I think the people in the store thought we were making him do this

Watch out!


Stopped for a picture

Boone wants out....Sam wants in

YUMMMMM.... Blueberry muffins!


In this video he is singing, playing with the door and making a new noise----all some of his favorite things to do!!!

Running all over the den like a crazy man! This goes on for 30 minutes at a time!!!!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Boone I am so proud of you, you were such a big boy for your surgery!!!! You were alot more in control than Grammy! I had so much fun with you and I already miss you sooooooooooooo much!I like that new slushing sound??? you make--watch out for you fingers in the door! You look just like your mom sitting in the dishwasher--I mean not now but she did that too when she was your age!See you after Thanksgiving--practice the Thanksgiving song I sang to you so you can sing it at the ranch! Love you alot!!!!! Love Grammy

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Boone, I'm so glad this is all over with, for you as well as your Mom and Dad. I hear you did really good, and I knew you would. I hope you like the stuff I sent,and I have some new things for you here as well. You take care of your ears, and I will see you before too long! Jessica, and Brian, I know this has been a tough week, and I'm glad it was peaceful for you this weekend. Call if you need anything. We are glad it's all over, and we love you all! Love, GiGi