Saturday, February 6, 2010

Jake's 1st Birthday!

We went to Odessa last weekend to celebrate Jake's first year and we had a really good time. We weren't there that long because we didn't even get in until 10:30 Friday night but it was a lot of fun. Jake's birthday was Saturday afternoon and the weather was beautiful. It could not have been a better day (well maybe a few degrees warmer but it was really nice). Jake and Boone (at different times) napped through the party but the good thing was they at least got to enjoy some of it and weren't cranky because they were tired--that's always a good thing! Jake got a ton of good stuff and I'm pretty sure Laney scored too because she was super excited about getting to play with everything. Poor Jake doesn't stand a chance with her--ha ha! Laney was so sweet to Boone and was so excited to see him. Boone loves watching Laney run all over the place but I'm not sure he's quite figured her out yet. The boys were funny because they would be sitting right next to each other but never really acknowledge that the other one was there. They just played--it was hilarious! Like I said it was a great party (thanks Grand Daddy and GiGi for throwing another great bash--with really great food! :) We had so much fun!) and we are so glad we could be there for it. Sunday we drove home but got to meet up with Aunt Leslie and Uncle Dustin at the DQ in Sonora. They were on their way home to Midland from the ranch and it just happened that we all ended up there around the same time. Boone was super glad we got to see them! We are going to the ranch this coming weekend so we will get to see them soon but any chance we get we'll take. And plus it made for a nice pit stop for Boone where he could get out of the car and walk around. This week was good. Cindy (Grandma Lou) came in to stay with us Thursday night. She was meeting Jeff at the ranch and came in a day early so she could hang out with Boone. Well us too I'm sure but I think she really wanted to see Boone...and who can blame her!?! :) We had a great time visiting and Cindy even gave us the night off so we could go out. Thanks Cindy we really appreciated that! We just went down the road and listened to some music--it was fun and a nice break! I'm really excited though because tonight we are going to see one of my favorite bands right now, Emory Quinn!! I have been wanting to see them for a long time so I can't wait!! I'll try to put one of their songs on here. Hope you are all having a great weekend too!


This is what Boone did to pass the time on our car ride to Odessa----yuck!!

Jake's cake and set up--super cute! It was a puzzle party (since his birthday is national puzzle day--ha ha! I love it!!)

I want some of these puzzles for Boone--they are so cute!

I don't think you can tell but Laney was so excited about Madison and Dawson getting out the bowling set that she was running circles around them.

Laney was asking Boone if he wanted to play with the blocks

Madison and Laney would stack them up

and Boone would knock them down!! Laney wasn't a huge fan of that part!

Everyone singing Happy Birthday to Jake

YUMMY!!

Grammy, Laney and Megan

You can see what the icing did to her face :)

I don't know what was going on here but I think this picture is so cute

Dawson, Laney and Boone were all helping Jake open his presents

Jake just wanted to eat them! :)

Boone found a stick

Boone and Jake "playing together"

Hanging out

Get ready for a GROSS/FUNNY/CUTE picture
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:


3 comments:

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Oh My God! Boone what is that on your face? It looks like sweet potatoes! It was great seeing you guys again. I hate that it was such a long drive for you though. And Boone, I'm so glad to see how flexible you are, the foot thing is really impressive! I have some goodies for you, I will get in the mail. We love you all, and are so glad we got to spend the day with you. Miss you! Love, GiGi

Bridget said...

Great pics. and what fun the party was! Boone, I love the dryer picture! You are such a good helper!!!! Have a great week in the Big Boy room---I will be home and can watch you!!!!! Love, Grammy

benay said...

I love the "get ready for the next picture." I'm sure you have seen Boone's daddy look like this in college after a few beers!Jessica, it is so fun to get to see Boone every week because he has changed so much since I saw him in person in December. Tell Boone I got his thank you note. He has such good manners.Hattie would be impressed.
Have a good week.
Love B