Monday, May 24, 2010

Big News from the Sills Household!

Hi all!! Hope this week is going good so far. We've got some really exciting news from our house.......you ready? And NO I'm not pregnant.....yet ;) We are officially owners of our own business now! What?!? I know, crazy right? This has been happening for a LONG time now but it hadn't been official until last Monday night at 9:00. Brian hadn't been that happy at his job for some time now. Business was slow, he was bored and he wanted a new adventure....so here we go on our new adventure! Brian and his partner (Brian always says that sounds weird when I say that, but that's what he is, right?!) Clark have been trying to get this deal closed for some time now and things finally came together for us last week. Brian gave his notice the next morning and has been working for G & W (that's the name in case you were wondering) since. We bought the business from some really sweet people. Bob and Ionne are their names and they have been in the business for years! They were getting tired of doing it and Brian and Clark saw a great opportunity in front of them and grabbed on to it. Bob and Ionne are staying on for a few years while Brian and Clark learn the ropes and at the same time drum up more business. But I can tell you Brian has never been happier! (at least that's the way I see it) He's working a lot more already but you can just tell that he loves what he is doing now and although there are new challenges to face, he seems ready and excited about it. We are excited too (and a little nervous, I'm not going to lie) and we have all the faith and confidence in these guys and their BIG plans for the future. And on a plus for me and Boone, Clark's family is awesome! His wife Shannon is so cool and laid back, which is exactly what I like and they have a son Brock who is in 6th grade and twin girls Mackenzie and Reagan who are in 2nd grade. They are so sweet and funny and Boone adores them already! And we adore them for wearing him out all the time--thanks girls!! :) I feel like this is going to be a great thing for our families but as always we ask for your prayers about it. That this business not only grows but that we all continue to grow and change for the better because of it and of course for Brian and Clark and their friendship/partnership and it's strength. I know they are a good match! I have to say a special thank you to P.A. for all of his help with this. It's hard to be involved in a family members business venture but we could not have done it without you, so thanks for being so cautious and protective of us and looking out for us. You're a great lawyer but an even better Dad and Pa Paw!

I posted a bunch of pictures from when Boone, Brian and Cindy went to the ranch. Thank you Cindy for resending me all of the pictures. They were just too cute to not post! I also have some from the weekend before last when we went to the lake and saw Leslie and Dustin. Some of our friends came over that night too with their little girl who was infatuated with Boone. He however did not feel the same way at first. I'm not sure why most of the pictures are blurry but they are still pretty cute! I also have a ton of videos that I think are cute. Hope you like them too! We are headed to the lake this weekend to see Grammy, Pa Paw, Houston, Erin (who are coming from Minnesota!!) Megan, Cory, Laney, Jake and some family from P.A.'s side. His sister Catherine and her husband Monte and one of their sons Albert, his wife Lesley and their daughter Lilly. It should be a lot of fun---we can't wait to see everyone. I hope you all have a great Memorial Weekend and I hope that we all have a chance to thank someone who has served or is currently serving in our armed forces. It doesn't take anything more than a moment to tell our service men and women thank you for the incredible task of keeping our country safe but I'm sure they would be grateful for the acknowledgement of a job well done. Thanks to all who have given their lives so that we can have the freedom we do every day. I feel very lucky to live my life without persecution and am grateful that my son has the privilege to live in this country too. God Bless the United States and all who serve!


Eating a banana---Yummy!!

Boone and Leslie by the lake (such a cute picture)

Aunt Lester and Boone

Boone being shy (well actually he was picking his nose...gross huh?!) and Kennedy was ready to play

She was all over him-- I think Will was a little concerned :)

Going for the choke hold!

Boone finally gave in and decided to check her out (he really wanted her bottle)

Sweet Kennedy!!

Boone was showing off for her

Cute Couple huh?! Well except for Boone's crazy eyes!!

The lake wore him out........

It wore BOTH of them out! :)

Gi Gi sent Boone a pool but he was more entertained by the box! (doesn't he look cute in his new shorts and flip flops---such a handsome boy!)

Look Mom-- I got some tape!

Ok Lady do you really have to keep taking my picture?

Fine whatever, I'm getting in!

Boone was playing with his blocks but it wasn't good enough to just pull them out--he had to dump all of them out!!

Oh yes---this is much better! :)



Boone wanted his blanket but decided he was going to try and get it himself
Brian got me some really pretty flowers on Friday (so sweet!)

Boone LOVES riding his giraffe now (Bob--the man we got the store from made this for him before he was even born! Crazy to think we never knew how much we would be involved with each other then!)



Riding his giraffe
We went to see the store for the first time this weekend and Boone got to ride all of the animals in the store. Bob sells them in the store and also keeps them in there to entertain the kids while their parents shop---worked for Boone!
Boone checking out the warehouse---check out my big boy shoes!!
Hmmmm...what kind of flooring do I want?
Playing Peek a Boo between the tree


Doesn't' the ranch look good!

Brian took this picture--- I love it!

Boone and Grandma Lou riding around

Boone playing with Sissy and Bonnie
Rolling around
Getting kisses on his hand
Getting some love from Sissy
and Bonnie too!
Carrying some wood---because that's fun?!?
All tuckered out!
Sweet Face (looks like Mommy with that double chin!)
Check out how limber our kid is-----can you see his leg? What's Daddy doing to you Boone?
Forget that, I'm outta here!

AND FOR THE BEST SHOT OF THE WEEKEND--THE ONE THAT MAKES MY HEART DROP AND MAKES ME LAUGH ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!
(it deserves a big build up)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
WTF?!?! Where is my baby?
Can I ever trust Brian alone with him again? :)


Boone decided he wanted to climb the ladder like Daddy---oh the years ahead of us! I can feel the grey hair starting to grow!

GiGi and Grand Daddy got Boone a rollercoaster! And I know you will be surprsied by this....he LOVES it!! Thanks guys--we are grooming him to be the next Evil Knievel!! :)

But seriously it's awesome and he has the best time on it so thank you so much!!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh my the pictures are all adorable! You must send the one with him throwing Boone up in the air in the water to a contest-It would win!!!!! Oh my--climbing the ladder-I was trying to catch him! the roller coaster has got to be a commercial for Brians flooring business--yes PaPaw and I want him in a commercial! Can't wait to see all of you Friday--You or Meg have got to bring the roller coaster!!!!Love Grammy--Boone- you say please to Grammy and you can have anything you want---and Brian congrats!!!! on your new business-we are proud of you

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Boone, it looks like you fell from the sky into your Daddy's arms! Thank God for that! I'm glad you like the roller coaster, maybe next gift will be a crash helmet, and a padded suit. Congratulations on the business, it's scary but you'll be fine, and if you're going to work hard, you might as well work hard for yourself. You both have been very blessed, and we're very proud of you.. Love, GiGi

Nancy(GiGi) said...

I love you new background