Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ups and Downs

Happy (really late) Mother's Day to all the moms out there. I thought I was going to have a new post on Sunday but time just gets away from me and before I know it, it's the end of the week! I hope you all had a really nice weekend and were able to spend some time with your moms or spend some time with your family, as a mom. I had a great moms day with my sweet boys. Brian and Boone let me sleep in until 8:30!! I can't even remember the last time I did that. Well actually it was the weekend before on my trip but I mean when I am at the house. Brian and I have decided that we might take turns on the weekend and let one of us sleep in each morning. Boone waking up at 5 or 6 every day starts to take it's toll on you. Anyway back to what I was saying. I slept in and then we went to church and out to eat after. The rest of the day was just spent being lazy and napping, catching up on some good TV shows and a really yummy dinner! I got some really sweet cards (and some funny ones too!) from a ton of awesome people. Thank you all for thinking about me, I really appreciate it. It feels amazing to be a mom and I think each year that grows. Last year Boone was only 5 months and everything still felt new and hard and I don't think it really felt like I was a mom yet. I know that sounds weird but after seeing him grow and change this last year and seeing all that we've taught him it really sinks in that we are raising a little man. I felt good and accomplished and so LOVED this past year. There is just nothing in this world that compares to being a mom! I am extremely blessed by my family and our love for each other and it was nice to have a day to reflect on just those things. So on to other things! :) The weekend before that was my big girls trip and oh my word--- we had the BEST time together. There was a group of 15 teachers that went down to Port Aransas and we had blast just visiting and laying on the beach, but the 4 other girls that I went with and roomed with are just amazing. We had all decided a long time ago that we would all go and leave our precious babies (we are all moms to kids under 2 years) as long as everyone went. So we all did it, even Dana and Lacey who were leaving their girls for the 1st time, and it was the most fun I have had in a LONG, LONG time!!! We laughed so hard and talked so much that we all came back with hoarse manly voices. It was hysterical. We have so many jokes and great memories from that weekend that will never be forgotten (even if some of us wish they would be forgotten). I absolutely LOVE these girls and I'm so lucky I get to not only call them my colleagues but my friends. I have to say thank you so much to Cindy (Grandma Lou) for coming in from South Carolina to stay with Boone. Brian had originally planned a trip to the ranch but that fell through so they all went down for the weekend. While I know Brian would have taken great care of Boone without Lou to help, it eased my mind so much knowing she was there to help him if he needed it. (and I'm pretty sure she did most of the hard stuff that weekend) So thanks Cindy for being such an awesome Grandma and Mother in law and helping us out with the little guy. I'm sure she had just as much fun as he did and boy did he have an awesome time!! Cindy sent me a ton of really cute pictures from the weekend but I can't get them off the e-mail but I promise as soon as I can I will post them. They are awesome!! There is one especially that totally freaked me out but now I think it's pretty funny! We have had a couple of really good weeks but as you can see by the title of my post we had some downs too. We found out that our sweet kitty cat (as Boone calls him) Sam had lung cancer and had to make the hard decision, after lots of tests and a couple of days at the vet, to have him put to sleep. It was a really hard day for me. I've had Sam for 10 years and he has been through all of the hard times with me and has been there through all of the joys too. I know there were lots of people who were not a fan of Sam (and made that very clear, unfortunately) because of his temper sometimes (which I found hilarious) and his moodiness towards anyone but me. But that's one of the reasons I loved him so much. He was loyal and sweet and good. He had a great personality and was by far the most unique cat I've ever had. I miss him so much and am still very sad that he's not here anymore but he had a great life and I will always love him for all the times he was with me when no one else was and for being a great friend. There is always joy to find in the loss of a loved one so for now I am remembering the good times and having faith that he will be with our family again some day! :) Thank you all for your sweet cards and kind words about Sam. It meant the world to me! OK so I don't want to end on a sad note so now let's talk about music!! :) The new song I added is by Miranda Lambert. I used to not be a huge fan of hers but she is really growing on me and I absolutely love this song. I love her voice and the story that goes with it. Hope you all like it too! We are off to San Angelo this weekend to see Leslie and Dustin and some good friends of ours. I hope you all have a great weekend too and Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there, especially mine! I love you Mom, thanks for just being you! :)

Trip to the Coast Christa, Lacey and Me (Lacey is always making a funny face, she seriously might be one of the funniest people I've ever met!)

Part of our big group out to eat

Last week was teacher appreciation and my parents know how much I love my Red Raiders so they sent in little Tech flags for all the kids to hold. I've got quite a few little Longhorns and Aggies in my class so I'm sure their parents were not too happy but I thought it was great!!

Boone sitting on his toys because that's just what he does --he sits on things!

Sitting on his table (he was trying to get to his Daddy to give him some love)

Awwwwwww

MMMM---yogurt!

By the time we got to church (10 minutes away) he was out! I love the way he's sleeping :)

He looks like a crazy little person!!

Boone playing in the sprinklers!


My sweet Sam

August 30,2000- April 29, 2010

2 comments:

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Sam was a pretty unique cat, and I believe animals truly have unconditional love, no matter how bad you look, or how sad you are, they are always there for you, and always need you and need your love. Honey, I'm so sorry for your loss, I know you miss him, and someday, he will be waiting for you in another place. I'm glad you had your trip that week end. Thanks Cindy for helping make that week end a great one for the boys too! Jessica ,you are a pretty great Mom yourself, I could never ask for a more thoughtful, considerate, loving stepdaughter. I know I tell you and Megan this every year, but, "If I had had children, I would have wanted them exactly like you two, I could have never asked for more." You are great Mom's as well, as Daughters. Love you, GiGi

Bridget said...

I love all of your pics. What fun you all had on your girls trip--those trips are needed!!!Oh my, my make-up is gone again seeing Sam-thanks Jess! Boone I can't wait to see you and your Parents(as Laney calls you) in a couple of weeks---I told your Aunt Megan she needs to bring the roller coaster--we are going to have soooooo much fun! Love you all and Miss you! Love Grammy