Monday, May 31, 2010

Cousins!

Hope you all had a nice long weekend. We had a great one! We were able to spend our weekend at the lake with my family and got to see some really cute kids all play together. It was a lot of fun! The last time we saw Laney and Jake was at Jake's birthday party in January and like I said then, they really didn't care about each other. Jake and Boone that is. Laney was very aware and concerned about the boys and what they were doing (it usually involved her telling the boys NO because they had one of her toys!) But this time the boys really seemed to notice each other. It was really sweet. They played in the tent, built with blocks and did a ton of swimming in the blow up pool. It was so much fun to see how they interact with each other and to watch their expressions as they explore new things together. Laney was awesome and hilarious. Listening to her talk just makes me smile. I love that girl and her adorable attitude towards things. She was making towers with her blocks Friday night and Boone would go over and knock them down and at one point she called him a "bad boy" and then later she said that he was "very so rude!" Ha Ha!! It made me laugh so hard. It's going to be a lot of fun watching these kids grow up together. I'm looking forward to the summer so we can hopefully see them a little more. I'm planning on going to Odessa with Boone for a week or so but it is so hard to find a good time. I didn't realize all of the things we already have planned. I have inservices through the 3rd week of June and then we start back the 2nd week of August. I have a feeling this summer is going to go by way too fast!! I got a lot of great pictures of the kids, not so many of the adults and I'm sure you can guess which kid is in most of the pictures! :) It was a great time seeing all of the family and it was also nice getting to have a day at home which was spent doing laundry, cleaning out Boone's closet and drawers, and then working on scrapbooks and report cards for my class. It was a busy but productive day so I can't complain. Three day weekends are great! I wish we had one every weekend, but then again if I got used to those I would then be wishing for a four day weekend so I should probably quit complaining and just enjoy the 3 dayers when they come along. Before I go I have to wish Pops (Jeff) a Happy Birthday! His birthday was on Saturday and I just have to tell yall what I did because I'm still getting a kick out of it (hopefully Jeff did too). We signed his cards and mailed them off last week but a day or two later I was sitting there and it hit me. I had a strange feeling that I had signed his card saying Hope you have a great fathers day. OOPS!! So sure enough when Brian was talking to him Saturday he asked and he confirmed that I am a total ditz!! Ha Ha! I've decided that I just have to laugh at myself because if I don't I'll just drive myself nuts! Hope you all have a great week! I only have 1 and a half more days then I get my summer off with my sweet boy........it's great to be a teacher!! Love you all!!

Swinging with Pa Paw

Getting some water from Grammy--they were so good about taking turns

Building towers--Laney's keeping her eye on Boone! (bad boy)

Jake and Boone (twins in their t-shirts)

Which way did they go?

Sweet, Dirty Feet (this one melts my heart)

Funniest face!! Love it!


All 3 in the pool (this didn't happen often)

Doing our own thing

Water in the face

BUBBLES!!!!

Sweet Jake--so handsome

He just dumped water all over his head---good thing we had those ear plugs in!

Brian and Jake

COOL!!!

I love this one......check out Boone's face and Laney and Jake look so sweet!

The boys

Boone and Daddy

Meg and Laney


Check out my cool trunks!

Laney and Boone playing with the water hose

Let's swim!!

Cory must be lucky b/c this butterfly hung out for a while


Jake was about to whack Laney with the tube!! Ha Ha

Jake's just chillin (didn't like the water too much)

Jake and Laney building
The boys fighting over who got the chair

He LOVED the bubbles.....thanks Grammy!

Jake, Boone and Lilly

All back in for some more fun

What a cutie!

Peek A Boo

The girls----"my girls" as Laney called them (Lilly, Aubrey and Laney)

Where did my hand go??


Houston, Erin and Boone (I just have to say Erin Thank you so much for being so sweet to Boone--you chased him all over the place and loved him so much and he was in heaven. You are awesome!)

The brave people to get in the lake

Getting some sun.......yea right!!


Oh the lazy days of summer....good times!


Checking everyone out

Jake, Meg, and Laney

My sweet boy

5 comments:

Bridget said...

We had so much fun--miss ya'll already(actually started missing you when you put the car in reverse!) I think Boone is going to be the outdoorsman and swimmer--get plenty of plugs ready!Love the snot pic.!!!!! Love all of you! Grammy--I will be celebrating for you on Friday Jess!

yarger gal said...

LOVE the picture of their little feet together....soooo sweet!!

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Ohhhhh, it looks like ya'll had so much fun. I love all the pics and Boone looks like he's a blast! Grand daddy said, he's ready to see him too. You and Brian are missed too, it just seems like we always talk about the babies. Not that you guys are not our babies too, but, you know what I mean. We can't wait to see all of you guys! I hope this week goes by fast for you! Love you guys, and give the boys a kiss for me. Love, GiGi

Nancy(GiGi) said...

What is the deal with me constantly saying "you guys?" Where did that come from? I think Laney.

benay said...

Great pictures!! Ilove the color of the water in the swimming pool,,,just a little brown. Jess, I thought about you Friday-out of school!!I only have 3 wks. My first day off is your birthday.
Thanks again for the pictures. They are growing up SO fast
Love
B