Sunday, August 9, 2009

What a way to end the summer...

Well I have to say it has been an amazing summer! More fun than I ever thought it would be and I was expecting a lot! :) Just kidding-- But I knew it was going to be a great summer since I would be at home with Boone (and fortunate enough to not have to work) and I just thought we would be hanging out all summer playing and having a great time. Well we did that! We had a ton of lazy play days and even some sick so we had to stay home days but what was even better than that is this crazy connection that we have always had is like a million times more now. It totally breaks my heart to know that I don't get to spend my mornings in bed with him anymore--since Daddy has morning feedings in the school year. That is by far my favorite time of the day with Boone. We just lay and talk and play and cuddle--my sweet little boy--I'm going to miss that so much. I know I still have weekends so that is something to look forward too but I have to say I will be missing those and might have to sneak in a few during the week! :) We did have a great week though-- Boone went to day care and did awesome as always-- the girls there love him still which gives me hope for the future-- I'm a little worried for his elementary teachers-- I might be wrong but something tells me I'm not! :) Anyway we had a great week but we did have a few unexpected occurrences-- I'll start with the one that required a visit to the doctor. So Boone has had a little rash on his tummy since we switched his diapers (since Mr. 21 pounds 11 ounces has outgrown his other ones....AGAIN!!) and since he has sensitive skin anyway--poor guy-- we didn't think much of it and just put some hydracortizone on it and went on since that is what we normally do. Well it wasn't going away so I decided to make an appointment to see the doctor just to rule out anything worse--well that next morning I woke up and was changing Boone and found what looked like a blister on his penis (I can hear the collective Ouch from all of the men out there) So of course I freak out and panic until we get to the doctor's office and they inform me that Boone has a pimple on his penis! WHAT?! I've never heard of that but if that's the worst then I'll take it. She offered to pop it but I told her I'd rather my son not be scarred for life but thank you anyway. :) He is doing much better and the rash was just dry/sensitive skin so we are back to normal until the next big thing---it's always something right?! OK so my next story was about our little family trip to Babies R Us. So we are in the store shopping--Boone is sitting in the cart and he starts to take care of some business-- well it sounded like it might be a little rough to get out (lots of grunting noises---imagine the looks Brian was getting--j/k) and so I asked Brian if he would just get him out and carry him --make things a little easier for him. So I'm looking at toys and Brian picks one up and is disgusted to find something greenish brown on his hands--well we all know what that is and we were disgusted to think some kid wiped their poop on the toy and now Brian has it on his hands! YUCK! So I get out my wipes--get him clean and go back to shopping. Flash forward 30 seconds to Brian coming around the corner with poop all over his hands, arms, and the worst look EVER on his face! Yes it was a massive blowout and that was Boone's poop on the toy. We had to make an emergency visit to the family room for a wipe down and a fresh set of clothes-- good thing we came prepared! Oh and for those of you wondering about the toy........don't worry we put the one we were going to get back (maybe another time Boone) and bought the one we pooped up! And yes we Cloroxed it when we got home! What a day! This weekend was great-- we went and tried a new burger place (so so) and hung out with some friends and grilled today. Plus Boone is doing some really cool things now like saying Da Da and feeding himself little crackers! It's so awesome! All in all it was a nice week and a great weekend. Hope you all had a wonderful one too!
This was a HUGE fire by our house on Tuesday-- I had to drive through it to get home

It had just jumped the road into Camp Bullis


These are just the small flames on the side of the road

Boone and his adorable cowboy bib his Great Great Aunt Marty gave him---doesn't he look cute in it?!

We had to have some "commando" time due to the pimple situation....as you can see Boone didn't mind at all (he's such a boy)



So Cute!!!

Just playing

Sitting in my big boy high chair at the restaurant--he seems so shocked

Boone getting his guns up again! (This is the infamous poop toy)

We have all the toys a boy could want but what does he choose? TAGS!!!!

Sweetie! (These are some new 12 mth pj's-- Brian loves them!)

Boone and Daddy!
AND MY NEW FAVORITE PICTURE IS........................

It cracks me up and freaks me out all at the same time! :)



Boone playing with his Daddy--- and loving every minute of it. You must be warned this is pretty cute!!! :)

6 comments:

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Well, I have to say my week was not as exciting as yours, thank goodness! You will have many stories to tell Boone someday, and these are probably mild. The babies r us story could be in a movie! I'm sorry you have to go back to work. Your Dad just got home today from Pebble Beach, and Vegas. He was not as full of energy today as he was the day they left. That's a surprise! They had a great time, his exact words "A golfers dream" I'm glad he had fun, and I'm glad he's back home. I Love that picture of Boone too, I could practically hear him. Have a good week! Love, GiGI

Bridget said...

Boone--I will share the stories of the poop and the pimple to your first girlfriend and I will remind you that your mom shared it with the world when you were a baby! Ha!I love all of your pictures and the video-----and I am soooooo ready to see you ! Love Grammy

benay said...

Well, what an eventful week!! Poop and a pimple. I love the video of Boone and Brian. He is anticipating Brian's kisses. He is so-oo smart.
Enjoy the end of your vacation.
Love B

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!! Zayne so did that explosion poop thing to me too :) Thankfully we were at home and I had fed him some prunes and he exploded ALL OVER my mom and our couch. We were laughing SO DAMN hard we could hardly get him cleaned up. Lucky us it happened while someone else was holding them!!
We'll see ya soon
Natalie

Honorary Indian said...

Been awhile since I've visited your blog...caught up on your summer activities and it looks like your summer was wonderful. It will be hard to go back to work, I'm sure, but those lucky students of yours will surely have a wonderful year.

Honorary Indian said...

P.S. I love how you gave Boone some "commando" time...we say that all the time in our house...the boys LOVE to be commando! Yeah, it's a "boy" thing....