Monday, August 3, 2009

El Papalote

So we went down to the ranch this weekend and it was a ton of fun. Actually Boone and I hung around here while Brian and Chad and Stephanie went down on Friday. Leslie and Dustin also came in from Midland and then of course Trey was there too....and Larry :) Then Saturday afternoon Boone and I drove down to meet up with everyone. I figured that Boone really didn't want to be in that south Texas heat all day and even though the house now has A/C it just didn't seem like a good idea. But anyway we ended up getting there around 5 and it is a good thing we got there when we did because Boone was screaming at me the last 45 minutes of the ride! It was HORRIBLE!!! I could get him calmed down for a few minutes then he was off again. Needless to say I have never been so happy to get to my destination! :) We had a great time just hanging out with everyone--it's always fun when we all get together. Leslie and Stephanie were super sweet aunts and watched Boone while we went to drive around and see the ranch. It is so awesome down there..... I can't wait until Boone is old enough to really appreciate it. Thanks Steph and Les for being awesome baby sitters.... I think you are both ready for kids of your own...hint hint!! It was a quick trip but very fun and as always by the beginning of the week I am exhausted...now shouldn't that be the other way around?! Hope you all had a great weekend and enjoy the week ahead. I know I will--it's my LAST week before school starts back!!! I know pity party of one but man I'm just not ready! :)

Chad went in for some sugar and.....

Boone got his lip!!

Bonnie LOVED Boone and of course Boone loved her too-- they had a great time together

Notice the red bowl stuck behind him-- he throws it everywhere

What is that face???

Aunt Leslie with Boone and Bonnie

Boone and Lester

Can you tell I had a few cocktails.....why am I so excited about the frog???

the girls...plus Zoe

Leslie and Dustin (entertaining us as always)

I love Chad's face.....oh I'm sorry I mean Tom Selleck's face :)

Can you tell they are related?

Driving around the ranch the next morning and Boone falls asleep sitting straight up

Then flopped over for the rest of the trip!! :) So sweet!!!

Helping Daddy drive us home :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the kids LOVE seeing you in a picture holding a frog!!!!! they LOVE LOVE LOVE frogs, so you are now COOL :)

natalie

Bridget said...

That look on his face is my El Papalote teeth are hurting!!! ok Boone now that you can drive just come on to Odessa or San Angelo!!! Love, Grammy

Nancy(GiGi) said...

I don't know how you keep going? I guess because you're young. It's looks like a good time there. Boone will love it there before long, and you will probably have a hard time getting him to leave. Have a good week.
Boone, you help Mommy get ready for school. Love You, GiGi

benay said...

I can't believe you had Boone at the doctor at 7:45!! What a good mom. Boone looks like he fits right in at the ranch.
Enjoy your last days of summer. I know how you feel. I don't know where the summer went.
Love
B