Sunday, August 30, 2009

8 Months Old!!

Well Boone is now 8 months old and with this comes new milestones for Boone and new challenges for Mom and Dad! :) Boone is now sitting up on his own (like going from crawling to sitting then back to crawling). It's crazy to watch him get around. He's still army crawling--I've seen no desire from him to try the real thing but he seems content so I am too. Besides he;s fast enough this way I'm not ready for full speed yet! He's also starting to pull up which is super scary! See pictures below......Things are great as usual-- Boone is doing awesome and is growing like crazy. I don't know how much he weighs now but he's almost 30 inches now and I'm just guessing but I would say around 24 pounds. Everyone Boone meets seems to have the same two reactions 1. He's so handsome and has beautiful blue eyes (no I'm not just saying this because I'm his mom--they really always say that!! :) Ha Ha) and 2. He's so ____ (insert word here) heavy, thick, solid, huge, big! We are so blessed to have a strong healthy little man. We've had the best 8 months and to think before too long we'll be celebrating a year! Crazy!! This week was good. Brian

turned 29! (Sorry I didn't do a post for your birthday Brian--but you know I love you and like I said enjoy your last twenty something year!) My first week of school was pretty good. There are always challenges with the first week of Kindergarten but I have a really great group (chatty but great!) and I think it's going to be a good year. Keep the prayers coming though because it's never an easy day with 19 5 & 6 yr olds! Hope you all had a good week too and a nice relaxing weekend...love you all






The 1st tooth!!!

You can probably tell how much Boone liked my fingers in his mouth :) Don't worry they were clean!


Messy after some bananas


This is how I found him when I walked in to get him up Sat. morning.....


I can almost see over....

Taking a quick rest and snacking on the crib.....


Yes I made it to the top. So what did Mommy and Daddy do?


They lowered my Bed!!!

Sweet Boy--- Happy 8 Months Boone!!!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Happy 8 months Boone!!! Mom didn't tell me she had to lower your bed OR that you were crawling and then sitting up!!!! I guess I will just have to call you to get the info. You are sooooooooooooo darling and I love your first tooth! Love Grammy

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Happy 8 months Boone, you are getting pretty old, and before you know it you will be a whole year old! You will be leaving your mark, now that you have a tooth. You are very handsome, and you do have beautiful blue eyes. Those people are so right. Army crawling is cool, not everyone can do that! You be good, and Jessica, I hope you have a good week. Love, GiGi

benay said...

Jess,
I am so glad you put this blog up and keep it so current. It's fun for me to check in on how fast your little guy is growing up. I have it on my favorites at work and share the pictures with the two women who work for me. Dyan has a one year old (but she's also a grandmother, 42 but had a girl at 17) and Diana has a 2 yo girl and is 8 months PG (her son is due October 2). They both love the pictures and your notes.
We were in Austin this weekend for our annual TOAD Golf tournament. One of my old friends said he had lunch not too long ago with Chad and Brian. His name is Mike Phillips and he is with ProSource flooring. He said this was the first time he met Brian, but he has known Jeff for a long time. You guys be good and keep that blog going!
It's really fun for me to see you and Megan all grown up and being mommies and stuff. Too cool!!!!LOL
I love you,
Bob

p.s. we had to put Bud down on Friday. She was having kidney failure and just getting old. Now it's just Bella and I know it won't be long before it's her time too. Sad, but they had a good long life!