Monday, September 7, 2009

Sick and Busy!

Isn't it nice to have a 3 day weekend! I would love to have more of these...but wouldn't we all. Hope you are all having a nice restful weekend and I really hope you aren't at work today! :) We had a pretty good week. Boone got sick but he is doing much better so we are grateful for that. Tuesday morning around 1 a.m. Boone started crying which isn't like him at all but we always wait a while to see if he will go back to sleep and he usually does but not this time. I went in and rocked him back to sleep, put him in bed and 5 min. later he was up crying again so we started over and 15 min. later he was up again. Then Brian did it a couple of times too. We decided we needed to get him in to see the doctor because something had to be wrong. Well we were right he had a busted ear drum on the left side and she said the right was on the verge as well. Poor guy! We got some ear drops and amoxicillian (sp?) and as soon as we started that he seemed fine. I stayed home with him on Wed. and the right side ruptured then but he never seemed upset or cried about it. What a tough little man! This weekend we went down to the ranch because it was ready enough for us to start moving things in. Jeff and Cindy came in and Leslie, Chad and Stephanie came too. I have to say Boone and I didn't help out that much, most of my time was spent wrangling the wild one but oh my does the place look good!! I was amazed at how much had changed since we had been down there. It is beautiful!!! We are so excited for hunting season so we can start going down there more. Jeff and Cindy and Don and Brett have built an amazing place and Larry and Emily have worked so hard to get it all done and it has paid off! WOW is all I can say. I put a lot of pics. on here but I can't wait until it is all finished in a few weeks and I'll take a ton to put on. I guess I was busy with Boone the whole time because I didn't take any pictures of him with all of the family but I did get a few with Uncle Chad and a really cute video of Boone and Zoe (Chad and Stephanie's dog). It's down at the bottom. We had a great time as always and can't wait to see you all again really soon! It was also a great weekend because our Red Raiders won! They may not have played their best (it's just nerves) or played the best team but it's a win and that's all that matters....right OU?! :) Sorry I just couldn't resist..... Boone is just starting to crawl so I'll take some video of that this week for yall to see. Oh and I gave him a Mohawk today for a little while but his hair is way too long and fine right now--but he still looks really cute! Have a great week--we love you! By the way I keep meaning to tell you that I have been adding music by people I really like and I know the playlist has been pretty random. Hayes Carll is one of Brian's favorites right now and I love the song by Kings of Leon but I decided to put on The Best Day by George Strait because first George is King :) and second we heard this at the ranch this weekend and I just loved the words and thought about Boone the whole time. What a great song!!
Boone fell asleep in our bed when he was sick.....he looked so comfortable!


I love his face in the mirror

He busted me taking pictures

Lodge--Living Room

Bar (you can see the loft above the bar)


Pool Table

Kitchen (they still need to finish the cabinets and put the appliances in)

View from loft



I love these!

They used an old windmill for the fan outside

Boone playing with Uncle Chad

Hmmmm...what do I want to play with?

Check out that look

What a sweet boy

On the Go.....ALL THE TIME!! :)

Boone attacked Sam but Sam ran away so....

he attacked me! Great side shot of the Mohawk

What's up?!

Boone and Zoe playing at the ranch.... Boone's faces are really cute and I love how Zoe runs right up to his face and stops then takes off. They LOVE each other!!


5 comments:

Bridget said...

The ranch is gorgeous!!!!!!!! Can't wait to be invited--please don't put me in the loft! Ha! I love the video--Zoe is hilarious--Cute mohawk Boone--I bet Daddy doesn't let you wear it often! Love ya and miss you--Love Grammy

benay said...

The ranch is so pretty!!! Hope those hunters keep it clean. Thanks for all the pictures. I was laughing so hard I was crying watching the video of Zoe and Boone. You could enter that in a video contest.
Have a good week. Only 4 working days and then it's the weekedn!!!
Love
B

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Oh My God! That place is something else! I Love how unique everything is, it would be so easy to just do the norm, WOW!, to the designer. Boone, I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better, those ear aches hurt so bad. You and Zoe look like you had fun! What a sweet puppy, and what a sweet boy! Have a good week, and hope to see you soon! Love, GiGi

Unknown said...

the ranch house looks awesome!!! totally our style :) glad to hear boone is feeling better, prolly means y'all are sleeping better too! see around this week :)
natalie

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Oh yeh, and George is the king, that song is great, he never really gets old, very consistent, I have tons of his music. Good music choices. See ya, Love, GiGi