Sunday, September 20, 2009

Well first I'll update you on Boone's ears since that was where I left off last time. Brian took Boone in Monday morning and one of his eardrums had ruptured again. I know poor guy right?! The worst part is he doesn't show any signs of it until right before it happens. Monday he was a million times better because the rupture had taken away all of the pressure. They gave us a new, stronger antibiotic and some new ear drops too. We go back next week for a checkup so hopefully all will be good. We went back down to the ranch this weekend with Chad and Stephanie. We had a great time as usual and were able to see some more things finished up. Everything is so close and it's only a matter of weeks until it is completely done. It is really awesome! I shot my first javelina this weekend. That's always exciting! It was nice to be out and to get to hunt again since I didn't at all last year. I can't wait for deer season. Boone did great as always, of course he did wake up in the middle of the night but that's pretty typical when we are away from home. That is the only hard thing about traveling on the weekends. I barely get enough sleep as it is and when we don't get to catch up on the weekends it sure makes the weeks hard! Boone has started crawling pretty good now but he picks and chooses when he wants to do it. Most of the time he will crawl 2 or 3 steps then sit down and start all over again. I think he will be crawling soon but I've said that before. At this rate he will be walking before he crawls. He has both of his bottom teeth now and they are as sharp as a knife.....it really hurts when he bites but luckily he's not really a "biter" so that's good. Before I go I want to say Happy Birthday to Cindy who's birthday is on Tuesday and Mom who's birthday is on Friday. Happy Birthday Lou and Grammy---we love you!! Oh and I'm so sad my Red Raiders lost but I think they played a great game and I'm really proud of them! Well I need to go relax for a while before I start to get ready for another busy week. Hope you all had a good one and we love you.

I think Boone has seen too many pics. of his Grammy trying this one! :)


Pulling up in my play yard

Oh that's so funny!

Boone just discovered his tongue on Sat.---it was pretty funny!

Trying to grab my camera

Taking a nap on Steph

The bar top at the ranch

They poured a copper epoxy (sp?) on top--it looks really neat

Pool all filled up

I love this part of it!

Snake outside the lodge this morning--apparently they eat rattlesnakes so we like him (sort of)


Chad---you are CRAZY!!!

4 comments:

benay said...

I think Boone does "Herkies" better than his Grammy!! I was also proud of the Red Raiders. We get to see them in Lubbock in 2 weeks. I can't wait.
That bar at the ranch is gorgeous and I love the pool area.
Get some rest and have a good week.
Love
B

Unknown said...

lucky girl, finally hunting again, huh? hopefully i'll get to do a little of that this year too!! aj would have totally caught that snake too and then let the kids touch it, they are all just a little too bug,rodent,snake,toad crazy for my liking!!! i just say "oh, that's neat" OK??? sure :) sometimes i wonder if i have 2 boys with how mallory is!!!
i'm hoping zayne will make it back to school this week; he missed ALL last week due to a fever, ughhh
have a great week, cya later
natalie

Bridget said...

Oh good - Boone is going to be a cheerleader-- our legs do look alike!!! Please keep him away from the SNAKES!!!!!Gag! Anyway glad ya'll had fun---I really miss my little boy!!!! He is way too cute! Those eyelashes are amazing!Love Grammy

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Poor Boone, I hope this is the last episode with his ears, I hurt for him. The ranch is beautiful, the snake is awful, and the pictures are great! I'm glad you guys had fun, and I hope you get some rest. I am working on the play area for the babies, and having so much fun doing it! Love you all! GiGi