Monday, January 19, 2009

3 Weeks Old!!

Well Boone is 3 weeks old today! We were talking last night about how it feels like we have had him longer with us longer than that. Boone is doing great, he is changing every day and getting stronger and stronger. He is really trying to hold his head up--Brian was holding him the other day and he was pulling his head up and holding it off of Brian's shoulder. We both got a good laugh out of it because it was really cute and really strange looking at the same time. I took a picture of him when he was doing it and you can tell he was starting to get hungry because he looks like he is going to eat Daddy's face! We had a great weekend just hanging out with our little guy and relaxing. I even got to go run a few errands while Brian watched Boone-- I think it had been a full week since I had been out of the house and 3 since I had been anywhere without taking Boone (since the only place we have gone lately is to the Dr.'s office). It was really nice but I still found myself rushing around so I could get home to my two boys. Yesterday we had a bit of excitement because Boone lost his umbilical cord finally! I went to give him a washcloth bath, since he couldn't have a real one until the cord came off, and when I started to wash him off it was gone! So now he can have a REAL bath--it's amazing how exciting these things can be. So as you can see it was a super weekend all around for us. We are getting the hang of this parent thing and Boone is doing great so we must be doing some things right. Now if we can only get him to sleep through the night........ :)


Hanging out watching hunting shows with Daddy


I like this one because you can see Sam in the back--he doesn't get why we like this little person so much

Sound Asleep!!


Boone finally fits in the onesie his friend Reid (well actually Allison) got him! Super cute!

And the awesome Texas Tech socks they got him too-- I know it killed them to get these for Boone (they are Aggies) but boy does he look cute in them!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian and I were talking........

Anonymous said...

Our little baby is so cute, I can't wait to see him! I know you guys are having fun! Can you believe he's finally here, and in yours and Brian's arms? Thanks for posting these and letting us enjoy him. He looks like a little boy already, and so serious! Maybe he's a thinker, Love You All, GG

Bridget said...

Boone looks like he is already 4 months old in the first picture. Those are darling pics. Kiss him for me--I really miss him! Love Grammy

Sicking Family said...

He is so cute and so sweet! I love all his little outfits, and we know ya'll are on cloud nine! I can relate to you about ready to get out of the house, but then once you are out you want to be right back with him! That feeling never really changes! Congrats and we look forward to seeing more pics!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Boone got your coloring and not the "Sills Coloring!" He looks so precious in all of his pictures!
Leslie