Wednesday, January 28, 2009

One Month!!!

Well we made it through the first month! It's hard to believe a month ago he wasn't even here yet and now he is a growing, grunting, snoring one month old with a huge appetite! I think it is safe to say we have learned a lot this first month. We have learned about Boone and what makes him happy and mad! :) But I think we have also learned a lot about ourselves. I know I have! I always knew I wanted to be a mom and having him here confirms everything I have felt but I also have such a new respect for all of the moms out there because let's not kid ourselves, it is hard work! But every minute I spend with him and watch him change and grow, I love him more and more! He is every thing I imagined and more. Happy 1 month Boone! You survived and we survived--that's something to celebrate! Another reason we are celebrating today is that Boone has a new cousin! Megan had her little boy Jake this morning at 8:15. He is 7 lb 8 oz and 21 inches! He is such a cute little man and mom and baby are both doing great so that is the best news! I am so sad that I didn't get to be there to meet him today but I am planning on taking Boone to go meet his new cousin and see his big cousin Laney soon. It is going to be so much fun to watch our kids grow up together. This next year is going to be a blast!







Check out this kids hair!!

Our favorite way to sleep! Both hands up and toungue out!

Another version of the hands while we sleep

Boone's first REAL bath! He wasn't too sure of it at first.....
(check out the belly)
But as you can see by the end he was totally relaxed (note the leg hanging off the side).
He seems to enjoy them now!
His sweet litte hands (so tiny)










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, I just don't think I have seen anything sweeter! He is so cute, I just can't believe how much he is growing. I think about what is going on right now, in our lives, and I can't believe it's real! I know it was just yesterday, you girls were playing soccer, and now you both will be going to your baby's soccer games before too long. Wow! I love you all so much, and you will be wonderful parents! Love Nancy (GG)

Anonymous said...

Jessica, Brian,Boone,
Boone is so-ooo cute. He changes so much each week!! I especially liked his bath pictures. Laney looks so cute holding her little brother.
Take care.
B.

Bridget said...

Hi Boone-Nice pose in the bathtub--I think you like baths. I am READY to see you again-hurry up! Love you, Grammy