Sunday, February 22, 2009

1st Family Outing!

OK so We officially had our first day out and about as a family. Now Brian will argue that we have all been to the doctor together, but how much fun was that? Not a lot! And we have gone places with Boone before but there have always been other people with us like Grammy and Lou, so this will go down as the first family outing! So anyway we decided we were going to go visit some nursery's because we want to plant some new things in the front yard. We really didn't have any specific ideas so we thought we would go walk around and look. As you can see Boone slept through most of the visit to Millbergers. We didn't find what we were looking for and there wasn't anyone to help us (they were super busy) so we went on to Home Depot. While Brian looked around outside I took Boone in to look around and of course he had a flip out moment while I was inside the store alone with him! :) So I carried him around the rest of the time--as you can see he fell asleep again and missed the rest of the Home Depot experience. Then we made one more stop at a place by our house and Brian went in while we waited in the car. Brian came out and said the lady wouldn't sell him anything because it was all going to die so she told him to come back in 3 weeks and she would help him. I guess you have to admire her honesty because she could have just sold us stuff and let us plant it and have it die. So we are going to wait a few weeks and figure out exactly what we want then go back. It was so nice to just get out and walk around as a family. Now that Boone is bigger it is easier to get out and do things and we have had some really beautiful days recently which makes it that much nicer. Boone had a busy day and boy was he worn out! Even though he slept through most of it! I added some extra pictures of our weekend--hope you all had a great one too!

As you can see it was a little windy in San Antonio

Where am I????

Just hanging out in the carseat

Sleeping on Daddy

We went on our first walk in the stroller on Friday---just around the neighborhood

Sleeping on Mommy---notice a trend?!

1st time sitting in the Bumbo----not a huge fan yet

Can you tell I just ate? I am a messy eater!

This one turned out blurry but it's still really cute!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so cute!! Boone is growing like a weed. His hands and feet look like he could be clapping and walkimg!!
I wish a salesperson at a nursery would be honest with me and tell me that I always kill plants I buy. Good luck on your spring planting.
B

Bridget said...

We are going to have so much fun when I come to San Antonio--send the parents to work and we PLAY!!!I love the little monkey suit and what fun it looks like he had shopping!!!! I am sure when he goes to Bass Pro he won't sleep! Love ya! Grammy

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures, he looks so happy, and so does Mom and Dad. He is adorable, and I know you just want to sit and look at him all of the time. Yeh, and on the plants, I would wait until late March or April at least for around here. We love the pictures, thanks for sharing with us. Love, GiGi

Anonymous said...

So glad your dad told me about your blog site, I just love it. Of course ever since Sarah started hers I have thought they are just the neatest thing ever. I love showing off my family (all of my family). Your boy is so cute and getting so big. His cousins are just adorable too. Wish we lived closer and could see you more often. Love to all with hugs and kisses. Aunt Kitty