Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Busy Week!

Well we had a very busy but fun week. On Wednesday Boone's grandmother came all the way from South Carolina to see him! Cindy came and stayed with us for a few days and it was so nice! She hadn't seen Boone since he was born and I think she was shocked by how much he had grown (I think everybody is) :). Cindy loved hearing all of his sounds, and yes he makes a TON! And she helped Boone try on his hats and take a bath. She was a huge help and Boone loved having his grandmother (she hasn't picked a name yet...although I think Lu or Lu Lu is cute) come and stay with him! Then on Friday we packed Boone up and the two of us headed to Odessa to see my family and Boone's new cousin Jake and his big cousin Laney. Brian and his family went down to the ranch so it was just me in the car with Boone and I have to say I was a little scared about the trip.....o.k. let's not lie I was terrified of traveling with him alone. But I have to say Boone is an excellent traveler! It's about a 5 hour drive and we only had to stop once. Pretty good huh?! I fed him, changed his diaper and we were back on the road. We had a great time in Odessa seeing his cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. He has lots of family in West Texas and I know there will be lots of trips out that way so it's a good thing it's an easy drive. We got to see Grammy and PaPaw, Aunt Meg and Uncle Cory with Jake and Miss Laney, Grandpa BG and GiGi and Aunt Leslie and Uncle Dustin. (It's Leslie's birthday today so HAPPY BIRTHDAY LESTER!!!) We ate lots of good food (well I did, Boone was stuck with the usual) and had so much fun seeing everyone. We drove back home today and the return trip was almost as good as the drive there. We had a great time but it is really nice to be back at home. I am completely worn out :) plus I think Boone really missed his Daddy! Hope you all had a great week too--love you all!

I think it's still a little big!

Hanging out with LuLu (in Ole Miss colors for his Great Grandmother Mois)

Sleeping with Daddy....like father like son

Laney posing for the camera

Action shot (her saying CHEESE!)

Jake posing for the camera....well sort of

Cousins hanging out.....I think Boone was smashing poor Jake

All stretched out on Grammy

Mommy forgot to bring my towels so I had to use Laney's pink one!

Looking good little man

Cool shoes from Aunt Amber!


Aunt Leslie and Uncle Dustin came all the way from Midland to see me! :)

Jake slept through most of the visit to BG and Gi Gi's

Checking out my aunt Leslie

Laney preparing for her musical debut

Look for her in the future! This girl has got some rhythm! And dance moves too! :)

All pooped out after a long night

Napping with Jake

4 comments:

Bridget said...

We had sooooooooo much fun with both of you!!!!!! You, Boone and Brian need to move to Odessa so Grammy can keep all of the kids -Grammys Daycare!!!!!!!! Thanks for coming to see us we had a great time and hated to see you go!!!He is so cute,sweet and growing!!!! Love Ya! Grammy

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you and Boone, I wish he had felt better, I was afraid to hold him, he only seemed comfortable in your arms. He is precious, and you too. You are a wonderful little Momma. We had a great time with all the babies here, and your Dad's babies too! We were glad Leslie and Dustin came out, they are really nice, and it was all fun. Wish we could just see you more. Tell your Honey, we said Hi, and give him and the little guy our love. Love, GiGi

The Brock's said...

Hi Sills Family, I went to High School with Brian and the Gavit's (Bart & Kristin) told me that you guys had a blog! Boone is precious, congratulations to you both! Please tell Brian that I said Hi. You all make a beautiful family!
Sara Holloway Brock

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Boone has really grown!! Jessica, how long does it take you to put on all of his cute ourtfits? I bet ya"ll are enjoying your relaxing Valentine weekend after all of your travels. Thanks again for all the updates. It is so much fun to see him Boone grow and also getting to see pictures of Laney and Jake.
Love
B