Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! We hope you all had a wonderful (and hopefully) long weekend. I had to put this picture of Boone here because even though I couldn't get him to look at the camera I still think it's a really sweet shot. He looks so grown up! Last night I was looking at him in bed and he looks so much bigger to me now. I don't think I had really noticed how much he had grown until then. I guess I have been in denial that it is going by so fast! It was a sad start to our week (or at least mine) because I was the cause of Boone's first emergency! Well an emergency in my mind, not so much in his daddy's though. I was cutting Boone's fingernails because he had scratched his head up (poor thing). Well I was on his thumb and went to make the last cut and went to short and he jerked and took some skin with him. It was HORRIBLE! I felt like the worst mom ever! It bled for quite a while but Boone never really seemed upset by it--well except for the 3 minutes of screaming/crying when it happened. The pictures look bad but I had to show you his first band aid! The rest of the week was good. Brian was able to do some yard work on Friday (the yard looks amazing!) and I ran some errands and it's a good thing we did because Friday night I was throwing up all night from a stomach bug. Brian was great on Saturday and cleaned the house, did laundry and took care of Boone (I was so impressed by him) while I kept myself quarantined in the bedroom. I started to feel much better by 4 so I guess it was a 12 hour bug. Then this morning around 5 Brian was hit by the bug and got sick. He feels ok this morning but we are keeping our fingers crossed Boone doesn't get it! So it has been a rough weekend but still a relaxing and peaceful one. I have tomorrow off so I don't know what we are going to do but hopefully we will all be well by then! :) Thank you to everyone who made Boone's first Easter so memorable! Thanks to Pops and Lou for the wonderful books (Boone loves the hand puppet for Old MacDonald) and the adorable El Papalote shirts. I can not wait for Boone to be wearing that as we head down to the ranch. How cute! Grandaddy and GiGi thanks for all of the cute outfits and crab swimsuit-- summer can't come soon enough and the hopping bunny! And a special thanks for the Easter presents for Brian and I--we do still get presents! :) Grammy and Pa Paw thanks for my first Easter basket (a camo one!) the cute outfit and of course the Exersaucer! You know how much I love that! Thanks to Great Aunt B for the singing duck/rabbit (this keeps him entertained all the time) and the stretchy frog book and to Aunt Megan for the Music and Sounds Book--we have already found some favorites! We feel so blessed and are grateful to you all for making our baby's 1st Easter a wonderful one. Happy Easter everyone. We love you!

Injured by Mommy

The blood---this is why I freaked out!


Chubby Cheeks

Bath Time!





Nap Time in my crib!

I don't know why but I love this picture

Sweet Boy!

Such a flirt

New Pajamas--we had to clean out our drawers to make room for the bigger stuff

Easter gifts-- What a lucky boy!


I love the face

Looking so handsome!


Grammy and Pa Paw brought me back some t-shirts from their trip to South Carolina--I'll be wearing them soon!




Video from this morning--he always wakes up so happy but he really wanted to talk! Once he saw the camera he changed his mind :)

1 comment:

Nancy (GiGi) said...

Happy Easter Boone! And to your Mom and Dad! I'm sorry you guys are not feeling well, maybe tomorrow will be better. Boone got a lot of stuff, the Easter Bunny must really like him! All I got was a bunch of rocks, and one broken twig. He is so animated, and I'm sure the injury, was not as bad as it seemed, but I would have been freaking out too. His camo basket is cute, he has a lot of people that love him. He's a pretty cute little guy. I hope you all feel better. Love, GiGi