Sunday, April 26, 2009

We had a big week!

Time for the Sunday update! :) We had a great week with lots of BIG things happening. We had a great week at day care and Boone is getting better about stretching out his meals and taking longer naps so it makes things a lot easier on everybody. OK so on to the BIG things!! First we got a new sprinkler system put in this week and it is Fabulous!!! We are so excited because Brian would spend HOURS watering the yard and it looked good but now it is going to look great and with a lot less work. Now Boone will have a nice yard to play in! While the sprinkler guys were here Ellie got out of the yard--apparently she was afraid of them. Brian drove around for a while looking for her and when I got home I did the same and finally found her on the same street she was last time. I have got to get tags for those dogs! Put that on the long list of to do's! So the next big thing is that Boone started to sleep in his own room on Wednesday. It was a rough first night but he is doing SO good now. Last night he woke up once at 3:15 ate maybe 2 oz and slept until 7:45. Now--- most of the babies we know are already sleeping through the night but we are very excited for what Boone is doing. I am getting a lot more sleep and Brian has been so sweet to do a lot of the nights lately so it has been really nice. Then on Friday I was taking Boone to school we were stopped at a light and the person behind me hit me--we were all stopped so it wasn't hard--so I pulled over and the jerk drove off! I was so mad! But Boone slept through the whole thing so that tells you how minor it was and it doesn't look like it did anything-- but I'm still pretty mad about that one! Another Big new thing is Boone has now found his scream-- it is hysterical! He does it all the time now-- instead of talking like he was doing last week this is what he does now. There is a video of it below. And the last but BIGGEST BIG thing is BOONE ROLLED OVER!!!! :) Can you tell I am so happy! I was with him when he did it for the first time and me and Brian videoed the second time but it is him rolling to his side then eventually rolling to his back. But now he just rolls over like no big deal. So I am going to try and get a video of him doing it later. So check back for that soon!! He is so awesome and we are the luckiest parents ever. It is the coolest thing ever to be a mom to this amazing little man! Last night we went out to eat with Chad and Stephanie-- we had a great time (as always!) Stephanie was holding Boone when he decided to spit up but Chad jumped in and caught it! What a great aunt and uncle Boone has. I forgot my camera....I know hard to believe. Steph said I'm starting to slip--she may be right! Anyway she took a TON of really cute pictures so I'm going to try and get some of those so check back for that too. Hope you have a good Sunday and great next week. We love you all!!

WOAH-- Big eyes!!

Happy Face!


Check out my dimple!


So happy to see my lion.....


Still happy to see him.....


So happy to eat him!


Boone found the one thing on the exersaucer that wasn't attached....I'm going to have to watch this kid!


Can't decide what to play with


But his favorite wins out!


Hi!!!


Cute Face


Eating my keys


So intense!


Hiding behind my frog


Sleeping in my swing--his lips look really full in this picture



I took this of Boone when he was just playing by himself on the mat-- the video is long but I think he does lots of cute things in it---but then again I am his mom! :)

This is just a video of us trying to get Boone to scream. But I really like it because I know that Boone has grown a lot but when you see Brian's hand on him he still looks so small! I love that!

5 comments:

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Oh my God, he is so cute! And you're right he is really growing, but maybe just a little too fast! He will be crawling around before too long. I bet he has a really good scream, he is pretty loud already! Watching him with his toys, he really knows how to make them make their sounds, and if kicking doesn't work just try the, "I'll will bite you!" method, that always works. He is just too precious for words. I can't wait to see you guys. You will love the sprinkler system, your Dad and I watered until our whole week end would be gone, and sometimes every afternoon during the week, it was never ending. That gets old after awhile. Have a good week. It sounds like things are going great with Boone. Would you expect anything less? Boone, GiGi will see you soon. Love, GiGi

Sicking Family said...

We love seeing your posts and pictures of Boone. He is so sweet! And getting so big! Sounds like he is an "easy" baby-sleeping good/eating good/acts good at daycare. Very lucky parents! :) He is adorable...

Bridget said...

Boone, have those girls at daycare taught you to scream!!!!! What a doll----I am sooooooo ready to see you again! Love ya! Grammy

benay said...

Thanks for the great update. I can't believe how much he has changed in just a few weeks! His expressions are something else. Congratulations on your sprinkler system. With that huge yard it will be so nice and so much fun for Boone.
Also, thanks for taking the time each week to update us. It is so much fun to look forward to.
B

Anonymous said...

watching these cute little videos makes me miss my babies being babies!!!! they could actually make me want a third, thank goodness we already took care of that :) :) or we could have our own baseball team! they just grow TOO fast for my liking. boone is going to be able to get WHATEVER he wants w/that cute smile of his!! he's got the smiling w/his eyes down to perfection!!!!!!
natalie