Sunday, April 5, 2009

Our Week

This week was crazy! It was a good week but still lots of stuff was going on. Daycare was good this week--they still love Mr. Boone but they thought he wasn't feeling good this week because he was a little more needy than in the past few weeks. And I agree, his poor nose is so stopped up and you can tell it really bothers him. So anyway on Wednesday they called and said they really didn't think he felt good and he wasn't acting like himself so I went and picked him up at lunch and took him to the doctor. Brian was in Houston--he sure knows how to pick good times to leave. :) So we were at the doctor for 2 hours and they told me that Boone is perfectly healthy. Now she did say he had a slight cold (thus the runny nose) but other than that he was great--which is always good to hear! So hopefully we will not be visiting them again until his 4 month checkup in May. Then on Friday Brian left to go fishing and Mom, Megan, B, Laney and Jake came here for girls weekend. Yes we know Jake and Boone are boys but we aren't ready to give them over to their Dads yet. Maybe in a few years! :) We meet up every year the first weekend in April (or around then) and this year we had the two boys to add to the tradition. We had a great time! Friday we just ordered pizza and relaxed and Saturday we taught Laney how to hunt Easter Eggs--she's getting ready for her 1st big hunt next Saturday. She did great!! It was so cute to watch her. And Saturday night we made a big dinner (shrimp--another tradition) and watched Laney play with Boone's toys and dance. The boys slept most of the time but when I think about next year---wow --it will be BUSY!! Boone was worn out today though. He usually has quiet weekends so I think he's on overload. Brian just got home and had a great time fishing but we are all pretty tired and glad to be back to the 3 of us. I'm going to go spend some time with my boys--hope you all have a great week!


Attempting to eat baby food and rice cereal :)

What little boys are made of

I Love this look

Showing Grammy how much I like my exersaucer!

Laney was so sweet and came over to play with me.....

but I wasn't paying attention


Boone, Grammy and Laney (nap time)

All stretched out

Laney was off to get the Easter eggs!

She found all of them!

Jake playing with a giraffe

Laney helping us cook

Group shot of the cousins

Think they are a little tired?!

This is Boone in his exersaucer and Jake coming over to talk

Boone was playing and talking so I started recording him--It didn't occur to me until around a minute in that I was recording it sideways....sorry! I love the sounds he makes in it though so I had to post it.

4 comments:

Nancy (GiGi) said...

Yea!!!!! I have been waiting all day for new pics. I just love those babies!!! and of course you too! I know you guys are tired but I know you all had fun. Hope Grammy, Meg, Laney, and Jake had a good trip home. That's a long drive. It looks like the weather was in your favor. Hope you guys get rested for this week. And I hope Boone's nose gets better. Thanks again for the pics. Love and kisses! GiGi

Bridget said...

Boone I had so much fun with you this week-end(and with your mom too) You are growing up so fast and you are ADORABLE!!!!!!! Love ya, Grammy

benay said...

Thanks so much for the new pictures. Also thanks for hosting a great "Girl's Weekend." I think the boys need to continue attending for quite a while. The kids were so much fun. I don't know how you and Meg do it. Working and taking such good care of your families.
Remember...you have a four day weekend coming up!!!
B

KMann said...

YAY! I can keep up with you and my little nephew this way! :) Tell him Auntie Kristina says helloooo! :)