Monday, July 20, 2009

Lake LBJ

This week was another fun but busy week for us. On Wednesday we packed up (a huge car load) and went to Lake LBJ for a week with Brian's family. Jeff and Cindy (Pops and Lou) had come in last weekend to keep Boone and so after they left here they went to the ranch for a few days then we all met up again in Kingsland for a family vacation. It was so much fun. They rented this great house that was actually on the Colorado River and it had a pool so Boone was able to go swimming every day. He loved it! He would splash and splash but I'm not sure he ever figured out where the water was coming from. It was pretty cute. And he did really good on the trip. We were lucky enough --or really everyone was sweet enough to let us have one of the rooms so we just put his play yard in there and he took some great naps and slept pretty good. We were afraid he was going to be totally spoiled when we got home since we would give him bottles at night when he woke up so he wouldn't scream and wake everyone else up. But I have to say he did pretty good last night-- we were very happy! But he was absolutely spoiled with attention and love by everyone there--he loved being the center of it all. And everyone was so sweet to watch him while Brian and I relaxed a little bit. Adele watched him while we went out on the boat and Mois and Pa kept him while we played a little tennis tournament at some tennis courts we found in Marble Falls. And Cindy put Boone to sleep numerous times for naps and such and he even got to hear his aunt Leslie sing to him--he thought she was pretty hilarious. Everyone loved all over Boone and he was just in heaven-- thank you all for spoiling our little man in the best way possible. He is so lucky to have such great people in his life! I think we all had a pretty good time just goofing off and relaxing. We played water volleyball (so much fun!), floated in the river, played washers and laddergolf and Dustin even entertained us with the guitar. Needless to say we were all exhausted yesterday when we got home. It was nice to put Boone to sleep in his own bed and get to take a cat nap on the couch. Yesterday evening I attended a funeral service for a friend's husband. I'm sharing this because his brother said something to me that really stuck and I just thought it would be nice to pass along. He said that when someone has passed and we look at the span of their life we see a tiny dash between two numbers-- when you were born and when you died. And he spoke about how our whole life is summed up by this small space. He challenged us all to go home and first hug our loved ones and make peace with those we love and to then look in the mirror and reevaluate our lives and what is really important to us. Then to go out and live your life so that when you pass your dash is as big as you want it to be and to know that your legacy and life is bigger than just this small space. I know some may think this is silly but for me it really hit home. I think we all take our lives for granted thinking there is nothing to worry about but remember that nothing is permanent and nothing is promised. Each new day is a gift and a blessing and we must live so that we will never regret our time here because there are no second chances. I hope you all know how much we love you and how grateful we are to have you in our life. May God watch over you and guide you. Have a great week!


Getting some sun

Adele loving on Boone-- as you can see he loved it!

Pa and Boone

Mois and Boone-- I hope you don't mind I put this on here Mois but I just love the way Boone is looking at you and beaming from ear to ear


Brian and Cindy

Chad and Boone relaxing

Leslie, Boone and Amanda --- what a lucky boy with those pretty girls


Then Stephanie and I jumped in the picture

Dustin, Brian, Boone and Chad

Brian kept trying to get Boone to smile but we kept getting pictures of him with his mouth open but I thought this was the best with both of them like that! :)

Cindy, Brian, Boone and Pa
(4 generations!!)

Mois, Boone and Pa

Josh and Boone


All the boys
Trey, Jeff, Josh, Brian, Boone, Chad, Bobby and Dustin

Pa and Brian

Leslie was holding him here but she made me crop her out.....Boone had a blast with her


The guys hanging out around the pool


Mois taking Boone swimming for the first time in the pool--- he was splashing everyone!


Boone loving on Adele

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Great pictures and how much fun ya'll must have had-what a perfect house and activities-WOW-I would have been worn out!Wait until the reunion next year---ya'll will be chasing Boone everywhere!!! Love ya!

benay said...

Well it looks like ya"ll had a great time!! I can't believe how much Boone and Brian look alike in that picture where both are smiling and their mouths open a little bit.
Hope you all three have a good week and have a safe trip to San Angelo.
Love
B

Nancy(GiGi) said...

It's me again. I thought I should explain why the pictures made me cry, because I know to most it would seem weird. It's because I am so happy for you that you have this huge amount of family, that are obviously very close, and that is just a wonderful thing for your baby, and to see Cindy and Brian, and she just beams with her son, as you do with Boone, and it made me very happy,.....so I cried. Okay, that's all now. Love, GiGi