Monday, July 27, 2009

So close...

Sorry I'm just now posting but my computer has not been cooperating and I am completely frustrated by it but oh well....that's how it goes. I think I have too many pictures stored on it......imagine that! :) That's actually really ironic because I don't know what happened this week but I have NO pictures of Boone....seriously I don't know where I was this week or what I was thinking. I bet Boone was glad to be away from the camera for a little while but I'm really bummed because I missed a ton of great shots of Boone with my Dad's family. We went to San Angelo for my cousin Allison's wedding reception this weekend-- it was a ton of fun because we got to see Laney and Jake plus all of my cousins that I grew up with and they got to meet Boone for the first time. It was so nice to see all of my family and even though we weren't there very long we had a chance to catch up and have a few good laughs. Unfortunately for my cousin Courtney most of the jokes were made by my Dad about her recent trip home from Spain. It was all pretty funny though and we really did have a great time. I love being around all of my Dad's family-- and I'm so glad that Boone now knows why we love them so much. But anyway back to the pictures (or lack there of really). Like I said I have no idea why I didn't take my camera to the wedding or get it out the next day at breakfast but I promise next time I'll get some! :) Boone had a blast seeing his Grandaddy and GiGi. I think GiGi's arms were about to fall off with all of the bouncing Boone was doing -- he's like a 20 pound medicine ball! My sweet little chunk. Some people we met at the reception were calling him chunky monkey by the end of the night. It seems pretty appropriate :) So about my title So close... I bet you were wondering why I named it that...right?! :) Boone is getting so close to doing so many things it's just insane. Everyday he sits more and more on his own....it is really cute! And he is getting close to feeding himself (little snacks with his fingers) and close to crawling which is insanely scary to me but that's ok. He's also close to teeth and talking and many more things. It is great to have this sweet little boy to watch grow and change and to have this amazing connection with him already---We are so blessed by him! Have a great week!
At the hotel Sunday morning when it dawned on me that I had not taken a single picture of Boone all week! I don't know if you can tell but he has his foot stuck in the toy-- ha ha :)


Ok this picture is really creepy to me but I had to show yall-- I took this right when his eyes were closing and this is how it showed up-- weird huh?!

Brian tickling Boone from behind


He is always so happy to get back home--he's just like us!

Close Up!!!!

1 comment:

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Boone, you were the life of the party this week end! What a little party animal, staying up so late, and then, ready to go again the next day. I know you must be tired, from the invisible jumparoo! Thank you guys for coming to such a short trip. We enjoyed visiting with you and hated that it had to end, but I know you needed to get home, and home is nice isn't it? I'm sure it's a lot of hard work packing for a little one, but we appreciate you doing it for us. Boone, keep working on your G's. We have the sweetest Grand babies in the world. I love you guys! Love, GiGi