Saturday, March 28, 2009

Another week survived

Well we had another great week at day care!!! It makes things so much easier on me knowing that he really likes the day care and the girls that work there. I was dropping him off the other day and one of the teachers came over to get him and he just smiled at her and was listening to her talk (she's from England and I think Boone really likes to listen to her--she has such a pretty accent). So I like to think that he misses us when he's there but I know that he's having a really good time. They had an exciting day on Wednesday because the fire alarms went off accidentally. They usually have planned drills and the teachers are somewhat aware of when they will be but this time they were all caught off guard and to make matters worse it was during the babies nap time! 7 out of the 8 babies were asleep so they had to wake all of them up and load them into the cribs and get them outside. Needless to say the babies were not happy but when I picked Boone up they told me that he was the only one that didn't cry. They said he just laid there and looked around the whole time. I told them that he was pretty used to loud noises--I mean we are his parents! The lady that runs the place was telling me the other day that all of the girls talk about how laid back and sweet he is. I mean I hate to brag on my own child but then again that's what moms do...right?! Boone spends most of his afternoons in one of their exer-saucers and he has gotten so strong! And I think he really likes them--we might have to get him one (but don't tell his Dad) :) The other day he fell asleep in it and the girls were nice enough to take a picture for me. It is really cute!! Brian surprised me with a new washing machine yesterday which was SO EXCITING!! We had been battling with our washing machine for a year and it had become so frustrating. I am doing more laundry now with Boone being here and it was taking longer than ever to do a load. You can see why I am excited, right?! We are headed out to Wimberley tonight to see Chad and Stephanie. Apparently the guys are planting a 1500 lb. tree!? You will have to wait to see how that turns out. I think Steph and Boone and I will just be hanging out watching. Hope you all have a great weekend!
Picture from day care in the exersaucer--totally wiped out!

Playing with my bear

Looking at myself in the mirror
A new favorite spot!
Eating Mommy's hand and......
Daddy's nose!!
I love this!
The rest of these are just more cute pictures of Boone! :)







3 comments:

Bridget said...

Those pics. are adorable!!!!! He just looks like a little man sitting there!!!! The saucer pic. is great!!!!! Boone I missed seeing you at daycare--will have to get back on the watch this week! Love ya-Grammy

Nancy(GiGi) said...

I love the pictures, especially the one in the saucer. He is so photogenic, it's hard to ever decide which one is cuter. That was sweet that Brian got you a washing machine, you are now officially an old married couple.
When you get excited over a washer, that's the first sign! That's a good thing! You have pretty sweet guys! Give them our love, Love, GiGi

benay said...

Thanks for the new pictures! I know how surprise fire drills go and to have babies asleep and then wake up would not be fun. But Boone is so well adjusted, like his parents, that he just rolls with the flow.
See you soon!!!
B