Wednesday, March 4, 2009

2 Month Checkup

Well we have had a BUSY and EMOTIONAL week so far! (well at least for me) I started back to work on Monday--it was SOOOO sad! I cried the whole way to work and the silly thing is I knew Boone was at home with his Daddy and with Grammy! I mean what am I going to be like when he has to go to day care with strangers?! Of course Boone was fine--he had a great day playing with Grammy and it was so much fun to come home and see him. I missed him like crazy but we made it through the day! Tuesday was much easier! :) Monday after school we took Boone for his 2 month checkup and his shots---it was HORRIBLE!!! I stood in the back of the room with my ears covered while Brian stayed with Boone-- I know I'm a wuss but I just could not watch! Boone was such a big boy and did so good. He was a little fussy that night and sore the next day but never ran a fever and seems to be great now. We were really lucky! We gave him some Tylenol and it KNOCKED HIM OUT!! His doctor said he looked great and everything sounded great (heart, lungs, stomach). Boone was in the 25th percentile for height and the 90th percentile for weight!!! He said we had a shorty but I don't think he's going to be that short--especially considering he is already about to outgrow his 3 month sleepers but we will see. He also said he was a cutie and he looked just like his daddy! More and more people are telling me how much he looks like Brian and I am starting to see a lot more of him in Boone too. It's been a good week--better than I thought it would be. I have to say it has been nice to get back to work and see my class. They have been so sweet about me coming back. It is also really nice to be back with all of my friends from work. I am really lucky to work with so many amazing people who are so much fun to be around. I feel extremely blessed to have a job I love to go to and a wonderful family to go home to. I have to say life is pretty good for the Sills family! Love you all!




A little video of Boone when he was waking up from his nap---just some of the sounds he loves to make

My niece Laney playing dress up-- isn't she cute!!

Laying in my bed

Relaxing!

Grammy came to see me and I went to sleep

Our 2nd attempt with the Bumbo and it went much better

Passed out in Daddy's lap

Trying to eat my rattle......I'll eat anything

It was a HOT day in San Antonio!

Nap Time

Oh we love when Grammy comes to visit!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the doctor's visit went good. He does look like his Daddy, I think, and he doesn't seem to be changing like he was. He's a pretty cute kid! I know your Mom is having a good time. The Day Care thing will get easier once you get comfortable, and see that he's okay. It's just that you are a Mother now, and no one takes care of your baby like you do. Thanks for taking time for the blog. I know you really don't have time, but I appreciate it. Love, and Kisses!!!! Love, GG

Bridget said...

Boone, I had soooooo much fun with you this week!!!! You are such a sweet and darling little boy! I already miss you, but I will see you soon!!!!! Love ya! Grammy

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much he has changed!! Boone looks so grown up. I love to see him in the bingbong chair or whatever it is called where he is sitting staight up with places for his legs. He looks like he could just get up and start walking.
I get to see Laney and Jake tomorrow. Can't wait.
Love, B