Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Family!

Well it is only Friday and we have already had a very busy but wonderful week! Aunt Leslie came to visit Sunday and stayed with us for the night. She had some meetings here and came in a day early to see Boone and hang out with us. Sunday afternoon Brian and Boone had their first big solo outing together to Bass Pro Shops then to the Airport to pick up Leslie. Brian said Boone had a couple of meltdowns but they survived! The only fatality was one of Boone's bottles but hey if that's the worst that happens we will take it! On Monday Boone's Grandma Lou and Great Grandmother Mois and Great Grandfather Pa all came to San Antonio to visit us. We had a great time! They helped us plant some more bushes and flowers in our yard and now it looks fantastic! And we finally got some rain here so it was all perfect timing. We sat out on the patio one night and just enjoyed all of their hard work (I mainly supervised) :) and visited-- it was so nice. We love having our families around us and we were lucky enough to have lots of family with us these last few weeks. I know Boone has enjoyed it just as much as we have. He even got him some change to put in his piggy bank from Pa. We are such bad parents we hadn't even started that yet--oops! Thanks Pa!! Cindy and I also went to take Boone's things up to his daycare to drop them off for next week. There are 7 other babies in the room with him and the teachers there seem so sweet. I think he will really like it there--let's hope so! We start on Monday so I'll let you know how the first week goes. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! These are just some pictures from the last week.
I wonder what he's dreaming about :)

Boone with his Grandma Lou

Our little family

Boone and Pa

Boone and Mois

Boone and Lou again


Boone and his Daddy (after their adventure to Bass Pro---see he's all in one piece!! And Daddy is still smiling!)


Stretched out in my bed

Don't bother me---I'm sleeping!

4 comments:

Bridget said...

I love the picture of Brian and Boone in their camo outfits!!!!Give him and hug and kiss for me! Love Grammy

Anonymous said...

I bet he's dreaming about the hunting gear he will be getting someday! These are great pictures, and it's good to see Brian's family. They all look good! He is just the sweetest thing ever. I think all of his teachers will be wrapped around his little finger. Maybe we can come and see you guys before long. Love, and kisses! Love GiGi

Anonymous said...

These pictures are great! I just talked to Grammy. She was telling me about the first day at daycare and back to school after break. I know that wasn't easy, but it will get better.
I spent last week with Goggy. She said "maybe I can catch a ride to Odessa and Jessica and Collin could come there so I can see him." We reviewed all of her great grandchildrens names several times. So, I will let you know when she hitchhikes to Odessa.
Have a good week. Friday will be here before you know it.
B

Bridget said...

Boone congrats on a successful first day at daycare!!!! I knew they would fall in love with you too!