Monday, March 23, 2009

Blessings!

Driving to school this morning I started to think about the weekend we had and all of the things that have been going on recently and it made me start to think about all of the blessings in our lives. I think we forget from day to day to be thankful for the things we have and to take time to remember and cherish the little (or big) moments that make up the life we have. Brian and I have been so blessed to have a wonderful family that is full of love and support and now we have a son to return those blessings and life lessons to. I am reminded each time he laughs or smiles and yes even when he cries about how lucky we are to have this beautiful, perfect, sweet little boy in our family. I know there are too many days to count when I come home tired and stressed and instead of seeing all of the amazing things that happened that day I can only remember the things that annoyed or inconvenienced me. I have to remind myself that God created this beautiful place for us to live and for us to ENJOY! I have been so blessed with a husband who loves me and is a wonderful dad to our son, a son who absolutely steals my heart, a house that truly is a home and a job that I love to come to with friends who are so much fun to be around. I am a very lucky girl and I hope you all feel as lucky in life as I do. And I also hope that you can find some time in your day to think about all of the blessings and challenges that God puts in front of us. One of my favorite sayings is God will not bring you to it if he can't bring you through it. I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed week. We love you all for being a part of our family!

Our most precious blessing!

(Dana took this on our play date and it has quickly become one of my favorites!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a pretty amazing girl, or I guess I should say woman. You are absolutely right. Sometimes, it is hard to remember to appreciate the good things in life that we have. But never the less you do, and it would not be normal if you did not recognize the things that are not so great also, but at the end of the day you are thankful, and just think, What if we had no annoying things in our day, how would you know to appreciate the good things? I 'm
glad to hear you think about those things. You and Brian are going to be great parents, you will have many good things to instill in Boone, and he will grow to be a wonderful person. Love to you all, and we are very Thankful for you all. I count my blessings daily. Love, GiGi

Bridget said...

I too think that the last pic. at playday is darling!! Love all of you! Grammy

benay said...

Well this posting was so touching that I had to call and read it to Goggy.
She loved it. As usual, she said Jess is just like me!!
B