Saturday, May 9, 2009

4 month check up and El Papalote

Well I hope you have all had a good week- we have been lucky with another great week. Boone had his 4 month checkup on Tuesday and things went well. They weighed him -- 17 lbs. 5 oz., measured him -- 25 1/2 inches, and gave him his 4 month immunizations. He did really good and didn't cry too much. It's a good thing too because I don't handle him crying very well. I'm glad he is a tough little man already. They said with his measurements he is in the 90% for weight and 75% for height and head circumference. He had a great height growth spurt so he has sort of evened out. Boone has really been sleeping well too. Wednesday night (or Thursday morning I guess) he slept
until 5:15 but on Friday morning he slept until 5:45. We had to wake him up to get him ready to go to day care. That was a first for us. It freaked me out a little when I woke up and realized I hadn't heard him at all that night but when I went to check on him he was fine. Last night he woke up at 2 so I can't say we are sleeping through the night yet but I can now say I have had a full uninterrupted night of sleep.....and it was great! Saturday morning we woke up early to go down to El Papalote (the ranch) to see Leslie and Dustin who drove in from Midland with some friends of theirs Chase and Erin. Chad and Stephanie were also down there so we got to see everybody. It was my first time to see the ranch and oh my gosh it is beautiful. The views are amazing and the house is so incredible. I just know lots of good memories and stories are going to happen at that
place. We didn't stay long since it is getting so hot down here during the day. It was supposed to get up over 100 so we decided we would rather get up early and then leave around lunch. And everyone else was going to float the river anyway so it worked out perfect. It was nice too because we got home at a decent hour and we were still able to grill out. It has been a really nice weekend so far. Hope you have all had a great one as well and we love you all!


After one of our walks (look how great the grass looks! Yay Brian!)

Hanging out in my cute athletic shorts


After some sweet potatoes


I was giving Boone some carrots and asked Brian to feed him some while I started his bath water....well as you can see the counter and Boone's bib got more than Boone


Entrance to the ranch-- El Papalote "the windmill"


Driving up to the house and barn


Front Drive


Boone and his Uncle Dustin


View from back patio (looking towards the pond)



Boone riding with us around the ranch (check out his El Papalote shirt-- too cute!)


Sissy went after a HUGE stick Chad threw


Daddy and Boone


The back side of the house (looking from the pond)


Boone started fussing on the way home so I slipped in the back seat for a while


I didn't have the heart to tell him his book was upside down :)

3 comments:

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Happy Mother's Day! The pictures are soooo cute, I love the sweet potato mustache! The pictures of the ranch are great, that place looks huge. I agree, that Boone is going to have a lot of fun visiting there, over the upcoming years. The picture of you, Brian and Boone is really good, can we have one, I would like a picture of you three together. I can't believe how much Boone has grown. His little face is so round, and those eyes! Oh my gosh, I just want to squeeze him and kiss that little face! Sorry this is so long. Have a good week this week, and thanks again for all the work you do for us to enjoy. Love, GiGi

Bridget said...

Boones hat is adorable on him!! Great Pics. I can't believe how old he looks in some of them!!! Love ya!Grammy

benay said...

I can't believe how much Boone has changed. That's what makes it so much fun to see updates because he changes so fast. Ya'll all three looked so relaxed. I'm sure getting more sleep and a routine adds to that.
Have a good week. School will be out soon!!
Love B