Sunday, May 31, 2009

Summer is Here!

Well summer is here! I guess my 1st official day off will be tomorrow-- I'm very excited. The last week of school was good-- always bittersweet because I really do miss my class so much--just being around them everyday and how they make me laugh-- but I am so looking forward to my time off with Boone. I had to work all day yesterday (silly right?!) but Brian did such a good job taking care of Boone and although he was glad to see me when I got home (of course...ha ha) I think he had a really good time just hanging out with his Daddy! Boone is doing good-- he still has a nasty sounding cough but it's not as bad. He has a good appetite and seems happy so that's good. He gets fussy occasionally but I think it is his teeth bothering him because he is constantly chewing and drooling! :) Today Brian was out mowing the yard and he came across a tiny fawn in the high grass. It's an area I always ask him to mow because it looks horrible but it's really close to the huge cactus out front so you can't really see it. Well he was mowing it and almost mowed right over the deer. He said it was shaking all over but we never saw the mom. Then I went out to take some pictures and the mom jumped up from our neighbors yard. She is keeping an eye on her baby. Brian saw it try to stand up but then laid back down. I love this time of the year in our neighborhood because there will be babies everywhere but this is definitely the closest I have ever gotten to experience it and it is incredible! I got Boone's jumperoo that his Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Chad got him and he LOVES it! I posted a video and hopefully I will get a new one soon that you can see. I know this is a week late but I forgot to post on Memorial Day-- we got busy I guess but I wanted to say Happy Memorial Day anyway and thanks to all who have served and those that are serving now. We are so grateful for everything you do for us and realize that we are free because you chose to protect us. Thank you all! And a special Hi and Thank you to our cousin Ben who just got back from serving -- we are so glad to have you back here with us and safe. Hope you all had a great Memorial Day and the rest of your week and weekend. We go to the doctor tomorrow at 11:30 so I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for all of your love and concern. We love you all!
The fawn Brian found in the yard-- you can see where he had already mowed
Close up-- so sweet

The big 5 month old wants to hold his own bottles now! :) He looks shocked that he's holding it


Chillin in the highchair

Memorial Day outfit

Boone can almost roll from back to tummy but he still hasn't figured out how to move his arm-- or roll over it

"Reading" his favorite book :)

Checking out his new toy

Looking confused but wait......



HE LOVES IT!!!!!

This was the first time I put him in it and you can see him start to figure it all out. I will get a new one of him because he goes crazy in it now. Thanks again Chad and Steph!!


3 comments:

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Poor Baby with that nasty cough. I think I read when babies are teething, the will have sinus stuff, which I think causes a cough? Anyway, he looks reeeeally healthy. He's so cute holding his bottle, and yeh, he does look surprised. We have beautiful grand babies don't we? I may send your gifts with Megan to the Lake. I will talk to you about it. Give the boys our love. I'm glad you're out of school too. Love, GiGi

Bridget said...

That is the cutest video of him in the jumperoo!!!!! Ya'll should keep the baby deer for Boone to play with!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I want a Junperoo. That looks like a lot of fun. He is really moving a lot. Glad Boone is feeling better. Have a good time at the lake.
B