Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there! It is hard for me to believe that I am now celebrating Mother's Day. It is a major milestone for me I have to say. I had a great day-- I just hung out with Boone and worked on some things around the house. Brian got the yard mowed and went and picked up lunch for us. Boone slept a lot today-- I think he is still worn out from yesterday. I got some really sweet cards from everyone-- Thank you all. Especially my two boys. I love being a mom and I love now being able to celebrate Mother's Day-- I'll take any new holiday I can get! :) So being more serious thank you to all of the moms in my life. Mom-- thanks for being there when I had a million questions about Boone. You have taught me so much already and I know there is so much more to come. So thanks in advance. You are a great friend and I'm so lucky to have you. Nancy-- Thank you so much for always being so helpful and giving. You are such a thoughtful person and we are all so glad you are in our lives. We can't wait to see you this summer (only 2 1/2 weeks) :) Cindy, first I have to thank you for your son. Thank you for raising him the way you did and for making him such a wonderful man. He is very lucky to have you as a mom. Thanks for all of your help with Boone this year. He has loved all of your visits and we can't wait to see you soon! B- you are like a 2nd mom to me and you have always been so good to me and Meg. Thanks for loving us so much! Goggy and Mois- thanks for giving us a great family foundation. You raised some wonderful women who have been amazing moms and we are so thankful to you for that. Thanks for being Boone's Greatest Great Grandmothers! We miss you all and love you so much! Happy Mother's Day!!

Me and my sweet baby Boone



This is a video of Boone screaming at me and the Teddy Bear today. I think he was telling me Happy Mother's Day!


4 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh my----the tears are flowing--Thank you Jessica for the pics. the sweet words and for just being you--I love you and I am so proud and happy for you! Love, mom

Nancy(GiGi) said...

I am so glad you had a great 1st Mother's Day! You are such a sweet, and thoughtful person yourself, and will be a good Mom for your children to lean from as well. They will learn alot from you. You have made a lot of people happy, and I can't begin to tell you how much you and your sister mean to me. If I could have ever had daughters I would hope they would have turned out like you two. You're very sweet, and deserve for everyday to be Mother's day. I wish we could spend more time with you guys. But it's such a relief to know you are content and have a wonderful little family of your own to come home to. Thank you so much for all of the kind words, and giving us your family to love. Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Awww Boone is so precious. I wish we could have made him scream at the ranch...like the mother's day video. I can't believe how quicly he is growing and changing. Thank you so much for putting so much time into the blog...it makes me feel like I get to see you guys more often! We love all three of you, and hope to see you soon!
Leslie

Honorary Indian said...

That son of yours is, in a word, DELICIOUS!

Hope your first Mother's Day was spectacular.