Sunday, May 17, 2009

Summer is almost here!

WOW! I am getting so excited for summer to be here and for us to get to see our friends and family. I only have one full week left and I know it will be flying by since I still have so much to do. We had a great week at home and work and Boone had a great week at day care. The girls keep telling me how much personality he has now and how big his smiles are. I think they are loving all of his new things. I heard him going na na na na the other day when he was playing. It was really cute. But has he done it since....of course not! I know I'll catch it soon and hopefully I can get it on video. Now if I can just get him to say ma ma or maybe I should push for da da! :) Tuesday night my class had their end of the year music program so Brian was nice enough to come up to school and watch Boone during the show. I wanted to bring Boone so the parents could see him-- I mean they were all so sweet when I took off two months to have him so I at least wanted them to be able to meet him after all of that. He was so tired from day care and not having a nap so right when the kids were getting ready to perform he fell asleep. Cheryl watched him for half of the time then Brian took over. What great babysitters! :) Oh and of course everyone loved him. I heard "He is so big" and "He looks like a little man already" and I have to say I agree with both of those statements! Last night we went over to Dan and Cheryl's and they cooked us a TON of really good food--- it was all so yummy! Boone started to get fussy so we had to leave but with summer coming up it will be fun to get to see them more. Brian worked in the yard most of the day and I helped for a little while-- as long as Boone would stand it and have just been taking it easy since. Hope you all had a nice weekend too and a great week ahead!

After the big kindergarten program

It feels SO good to stretch :)

Daddy and Boone (ready for bed)

Brian woke Boone up the next morning-- he was not ready to get up. As soon as Brian put him on the changing table he was out again!

Getting tickled by Mommy!

Kicking at Mommy

Trying to grab the spoon while I was feeding him

Out like a light!

Ellie was VERY protective of Boone when he was outside with us. (Don't worry it looks like he is in the sun but he's not--- I promise!)

Then Sam got curious!

One watching from above and one next to him

Ellie at her post! SO sweet!!! :)

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Sweet Ellie---she's a little mom too! Cute pics. like I say everytime---I'm ready for school to be out so we can see him!!!!! Love Grammy

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Well, I'm glad to see there are plenty of guards on duty, that's really sweet, animals are so funny! The pictures are really cute, and Boone seems like he's growing every week! I know you're glad summer's almost here! I agree with Grammy, we are ready to see you guys too! Love, GiGi

benay said...

Ellie and Sam are such good baby sitters!! I don't think I have seen Boone in the same outfit yet.
Thanks for the pictures.
School is nearly out and you have a 3 day weekend next week!!!
Love
B