Sunday, June 28, 2009

Another year older!

And wiser I hope! :) So I am now officially 28-- I'm o.k. with that number---now talk to me in 2 years and we will see how I am. I had a great birthday--thanks to everyone for the sweet cards and phone calls and of course the presents! :) You made my birthday really special so thank you. Stephanie took me out to lunch for my birthday and it was so much fun. We just got to visit about all of the stuff we care about-- no offense to the boys but we usually end up talking about hunting and flooring--both of which are great, don't get me wrong--But it was really nice for us to just get to talk about other stuff. Thanks Steph-- I had a great time and we have to do it again soon. Brian and Boone gave me some really sweet cards and a new purse--it's awesome! We were going to go out but I was worn out and nothing sounded better than a movie, some beers and a pizza---so that was my birthday and it was perfect--just getting to spend the evening with my two favorite boys. Friday we went to the lake, it was really hot there but really pretty too. They were having boat races on the lake this weekend--we didn't see any of them but there were a lot of people around. Oh and the worst thing ever happened Friday night (well not the worst thing ever but pretty close!) So I was walking in to the house and I was carrying Boone--well my foot got wrapped up in these long blind cords that are on the door and I tripped and yes I fell and Boone fell! It was the worst feeling in the world. Now granted it could have been a whole lot worse considering Boone didn't hit anything but I think he got a case of whiplash and it definitely scared the you know what out of him. He freaked and started screaming but was fine after a few minutes. I felt like the worst mom ever but he survived and to be honest it's probably going to happen again-- I'm not the most graceful person ever! Saturday night we went to a baby shower for our friend Will and his girlfriend Roxanne. It was the first time we met her and she seems really sweet. Will is just an awesome guy and he is going to be a great dad (he's having a little girl). It was nice to get out and see friends we hadn't seen in a while-- we had a really good time. So another weekend is over and I can't believe July is here already. Where does the time go? Hope you all have a good week and we love you!
Just chillin with my toys


This is how he likes to sleep now.....so cute


Waiting on some food


My birthday flowers from my Mom and P.A. (Thanks guys--They were beautiful!)


Laney eating some cake....YUMMMMY


Boone and Jake hanging out


What is this face??????


Jake----loving life

I'm so surprised!!!


What a handsome little boy

2 comments:

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Aren't those babies the cutest you've ever seen? I'm sorry about the fall, don't be too hard on yourself, I know Boone wouldn't want that. Where's the picture of the purse? And the picture of Boone, where you said "what's that look" Looks like he saying, you want me to do what?!!! I'm glad you guys had fun, and made it home safe. Give your boys a kiss for me. Love, GiGi

Bridget said...

Thanks for the cute pics. of my ADORABLE grandchildren!! We had a great time with ya'll at the lake----thanks for coming!!Love Grammy