Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Dad's Day to everyone! Sorry it's a day late- I started this yesterday but I guess the day just got away from me. I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing day with the people you love--we had a great time celebrating Brian's 1st! We had a really relaxing day again-- we did a little yard work, washed the dogs and Brian grilled some steaks for us. Boone went to bed early (7:00!) which made for a nice quiet evening with Brian-- those don't happen too often these days. I think Boone really enjoyed his Daddy yesterday and hopefully Brian had a pretty nice day too. We gave him a couple of rounds of golf ---for a little time off and some R & R-- and some other stuff that he hasn't received yet (since I waited a couple of days too long to order it...ooops) But I'll show you when it gets here! :) So a very special Dad's Day thanks to our Dad's who have done so much for us. My Dad told me yesterday when I made a joke about a Father's Day present--he's sending something and I said oh I get something for Father's Day and he said "You may be a great mom but you are no Daddy." I laughed but then I started to think and you know he was right. Moms are awesome (of course...since I'm one!) and they can do everything in the world for you but there is just something about your Dad---you know?! They are strong but fun---and firm (when the times right) but they are huge softies too! I know Brian and I are fortunate because we lucked out with some pretty great men in our lives. Thank you all for being such a great example to us and for always loving us unconditionally. We love you! And Happy Father's Day to you Pa (we can't wait to see you and Mois soon!) and all of our friends who are getting to celebrate with their little ones Cory, Jeff, Cade, Trent, Tim, Matt, Dan, Russell, Clay, Kyle, Chris, Robert and Raymond (and I could go on and on) :) But I have to say I think Boone and I lucked out with the best Daddy! Brian you are an amazing husband and I am so lucky for that but Boone got the best deal because he has you as a Dad. I know the future is full of wonderful moments with Boone and I hope every Father's Day and all the days in between you know how much we both love you and need you in our lives. We love you Daddy!! Hope you had a great day yesterday and hope you all have a great week ahead!

These are some pictures of Brian and Boone playing this weekend....so cute!




It looks like he's bitting him....


Then laughing like Gotcha!





I love my Daddy!!

6 comments:

Bridget said...

I agree, Boone has a great Dad and Mom--and both of you have a great son who is adorable and I am not prejudice at all!!!! Glad all of you had a good Fathers Day and a relaxing week-end!!!! Love Grammy

Nancy(GiGi) said...

I am sitting here looking at the pictures of Boone and Brian, and thinking, you know Brian may finally have something that will be able to wear some of his energy down! I think he may have met his match! Boone is very sweet, and I know he must get that from.....ME! No, seriously, he has the best parents, and he will grow up to be as great as you two are. He is just the sweetest thing, you just want to squeeze him but you might get sugar all over you! I Love him. I'm glad everyone had a good week end. Ours was great. The only thing that could have made it better, was to be with you guys too. Love, GiGi

Bridget said...

Hi Jess--Boone and I wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday!!! Can't wait to see all of you! Have a great day!!!! Love Mom

Jerry said...

Hey Mama Jess!Vicki and I want to wish you a Happy Birthday! I know that Brian
and Boone will make it so.
We just wish you guys weren't so far away. Hope to see you at the ranch this fall! Love, Uncle Jerry and Aunt Vicki
p.s. Love the pictures and the commentary!

benay said...

What great Father's Day pictures. Hope you had a great birthday and a relaxing evening. Ya'll have a safe trip to the lake and have fun.
Love,B

Nancy(GiGi) said...

Jessica, hope you had a great Birthday. I hope your Birthday wish comes true! I have a feeling it already has. Have a good time this week end and a safe trip home. Love, GiGi